Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently added a 3 inch Ole riser to my M1000.
And then while sidehilling on a steep and rough slope i tweaked my steering post.
It bent pretty far.

So three parts to this post.

1. Obviously the posts bend.

2. who makes the best aftermarket posts in custom lengths?

3. now have for sale a barely used 3inch ole riser with stainless hardware...lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
I run a 3 inch AMP riser. I am amazed that I have not bent the steering post yet. I am a big guy and have put some serious stress on it (pine trees :) ). I will be interested to see what you come up with as an aftermarket solution.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Bent my post, and 2 other buddies with M8's bent their posts as well. One of them was my dealer. Since the M8 is new no one offered an aftermarket post yet so my dealer made us some inserts to bang down in to the stock post. Fit was nice and tight and no other problems since then with bending. I have a 2 inch riser and my buddies both have 3 inch risers. For 40 bucks I think this is the cheepest fix for this problem.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Bent my 05 M post with a 4 inch riser now with a 3 inch no problems so far. Wildchild on Snowest makes chromemoly posts to custom lengths for the 05-06ms I'd check and see if he makes them for the new style also.

·
Registered
30 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (S2H @ Feb 2 2007, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Bent my post, and 2 other buddies with M8's bent their posts as well. One of them was my dealer. Since the M8 is new no one offered an aftermarket post yet so my dealer made us some inserts to bang down in to the stock post. Fit was nice and tight and no other problems since then with bending. I have a 2 inch riser and my buddies both have 3 inch risers. For 40 bucks I think this is the cheepest fix for this problem.[/b]
Is your dealer offering more of these for sale?

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
not to hassle you, but rebar, for the weight, is very flexible.

strong, but it's made to be flexible

·
Registered
738 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Bent my post, and 2 other buddies with M8's bent their posts as well. One of them was my dealer. Since the M8 is new no one offered an aftermarket post yet so my dealer made us some inserts to bang down in to the stock post. Fit was nice and tight and no other problems since then with bending. I have a 2 inch riser and my buddies both have 3 inch risers. For 40 bucks I think this is the cheepest fix for this problem.[/b]
where in sask is your dealer?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Cheapest, Best fix in my opinion is go to a local metal shop and get a length of stainless rod to fit in the post.
No bending ever again and no rusting

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can custom make a post for you that is nearly twice as strong as stock.
PM me with the length and anything else custom you want such as colour,if you want me to make one for any of you folks....I can get you a price quote then.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
me too guys!
on my 2006 crossfire with a 3" ole riser,i think its the leverage factor not the brand of riser,
so i yanked it out,looked at my options,straightened it at my brothers machine shop,then we took your advice seen here(cam,keep tahoe green and others)and pressed a piece of stainless steel down the center.close to 12" and probably and pound and a half of weight.re-installed it and then called my dealer and ordered a 2007 post.(i perfer the height and angle of the 2007 over the 2006)when the new one comes in i'll do the same with the stainless.
the cost for me was free,i asked my brother what would be the price for a guy off the street.he said 20.00 and a 2 minute repair.and the beauty is you don't have to take your post out if its not bent.as a preventative measure,just remove your riser and pound the stainless down,on tuesday i'll be getting my new post,i'll mic/measure it and give you guys the info,on size and length for the 2007 post
the actual size the 2006 took was .787"(so just over 3/4's)
i'll send more pics when it comes in.

kerry

Attachments

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
the 2007 steering post does not fit well in my 2006 sled.i put it in and it hits the fuel tank at the tie rod mount,it doesn't have the turning radius it needs on the right.it also exits the steering post opening to the left.when i picked it up from the dealer it appeared that the upper flange was welded on crooked or offset.so after veiwing browns leisure again i see theres two noticable differences 1) the fuel tank has a different part number between the two years,and 2)so does the bottom flange the post sits in.its got a slightly different look to it.and over all post height is about 4.5" to 5" taller.and the tie rod mount is higher up on the post as well,thus hitting fuel tank.
so its back to the drawing board.i have a piece of stainless in there now,and will finish off the year, then its chrome-moly post bound for me.CR RACING's version is chro-mo and one inch taller.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts