Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So dealer installed new extrovert drivers and drive shaft from cat. Got to take the sled out of the trailer and put it right back in. Now what's cat gonna do about the drivers hitting the slide rail ends and locking the track up. Guess I'm just a little ticked that I had to go back home instead of riding today.

·
Banned
0 Posts
So dealer installed new extrovert drivers and drive shaft from cat. Got to take the sled out of the trailer and put it right back in. Now what's cat gonna do about the drivers hitting the slide rail ends and locking the track up. Guess I'm just a little ticked that I had to go back home instead of riding today.
Pull the rail tips off and grind them, it works! Easy fix and you still have some great drivers. Go to the HCS forum and search for posts from rockerdan he has pics of exactly how to mod your rail tips.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Dealer should have know that and modified your rail caps.
Like motormd said, check out rockerdan on HCS, and hurry up and get riding

·
Banned
0 Posts
Pretty easy fix, but dealer should have done it as part of the job. The rail tips come off easy, rockerdan has detailed pics. use a rotary tool with a rotozip bit. a grinder will work but will smell as it will burn instead of cut. I would pull the rail tips and take thme to your dealer with a copy of rockers pics and tell thme to finish the job.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Talked to another dealer they said the front suspension arm has to be moved back a hole. Thanx for the info guys. Just aggravated cause don't like working on stuff that is new and has warranty. Far as I'm concerned cat should have sent these things out with extroverts from the get go so that guys like me wouldn't have to drive our dealer nuts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts