Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 98 zr the running boards are sort of bowed down in the middle so I was going to put some tunnel braces on it. Now i dont really want to use the current style because of the large radius and that it would take up a lot of space on the already narrow running boards. My plan was to use the braces from the 98 440 snow pro like on AG's sled so I ordered some up and got a reply that they were a discontinued item. Were there any other sleds with supports that wont take up too much room on the running boards or should I just run some rod through the rolled edge of the running board. Thank you

·
Registered
261 Posts
There is another option.. Get some steel rod 3/8" or 1/2" Can't remember which size it is so measure first. and ram it down the tunnel rolls from the back of the sled. You will have to pull the rear bumper off first. This will straighten out the boards. I have done this on all of my sled prior to the crossfire that I have now.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bedgar7 @ Apr 20 2007, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
On my 98 zr the running boards are sort of bowed down in the middle so I was going to put some tunnel braces on it. Now i dont really want to use the current style because of the large radius and that it would take up a lot of space on the already narrow running boards. My plan was to use the braces from the 98 440 snow pro like on AG's sled so I ordered some up and got a reply that they were a discontinued item. Were there any other sleds with supports that wont take up too much room on the running boards or should I just run some rod through the rolled edge of the running board. Thank you[/b]
I got some tunnel supports for a 2000 i believe it was 440 sno pro from my dealer, I think they were like $40. They come with like 20 rivets per side and since my running boards were kinda like how you described yours, a hand rivet gun wouldnt pull the supports tight to the tunnel so i borrowed one of the guys i work withs pneumatic rivet gun and set the compressor to 125 psi and it had no problem pulling them tight. Last year when I did them I was around 225lb`a with full gear on so before i did them the boards were real flimsy but after that i could jump on them all day and they wouldnt flex, now im down to 175 lb`s but they probably would still be necessary.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
I put braces from a 2003 Firecat on mine. All I had to do was cut them a little where they mount to the board. They worked perfect. I got both for 20 bucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.