Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about modifying the rear suspension mounting bracket on my Xfire to raise the rear of the tunnel. I would like to raise the tunnel about 1". Has anyone done this and if so are there any aftermarket parts that are available?

The reasons I would like to do this are to:
- create more clearance between the track and the tunnel to eliminate the track rub on the inside of the tunnel (fwd of the heat exhanger)
- create more clearance between the track and the tunnel to reduce snow pack in the heavy wet deep snow (between track and tunnel)
- provide more clearnce to the rear heat exchanger in the possibility that I put in 8" rear idlers

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just checked with SledJunkys and they don't have the brackets for my application. Looks like it's time for a custom job.

·
Registered
121 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (24K @ Apr 15 2007, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was thinking about modifying the rear suspension mounting bracket on my Xfire to raise the rear of the tunnel. I would like to raise the tunnel about 1". Has anyone done this and if so are there any aftermarket parts that are available?

The reasons I would like to do this are to:
- create more clearance between the track and the tunnel to eliminate the track rub on the inside of the tunnel (fwd of the heat exhanger)
- create more clearance between the track and the tunnel to reduce snow pack in the heavy wet deep snow (between track and tunnel)
- provide more clearnce to the rear heat exchanger in the possibility that I put in 8" rear idlers[/b]
I am interested as well... for the same reasons !!

Anybody have experience, change in handling? I am searching for the best solution to the tunnel clearance issue and am seriously thinking of 8" idlers, so this may be the best way out w/o sacrificing suspension travel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts