Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever done a tunnel extension on a ZR600? I was thinking of using the Tracks USA Tunnel Extension Package that makes it a 136" Anyone have any sort of experencie with there parts and if so Id love to see pictures.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Try the search.
Lots of guys have used them, me included.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,379 Posts
made my own

bought a wreaked tunnel
measured mountian cat tunnel for rack length
i have a rear arctic cat rack
it is long enough to go 144
i went 136 extension
bought track rack and extensions from ebay cost me less than $200

Attachments

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
I just can't see spending the kind of money that Tracks USA or Van Amberg want for tunnel extensions. Mine cost me $10 of aluminum and was made using a dead blow mallet, and a few c-clamps. It isn't that hard to make them yourself.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
i had every intention of making my own, but all my local places to get aluminum were out of it till april 10, and by the time i shipped in a sheet with the dimensions i needed to make the extension, i was almost like $30 short of just buying one.

and i got impatient. :D

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
i had every intention of making my own, but all my local places to get aluminum were out of it till april 10, and by the time i shipped in a sheet with the dimensions i needed to make the extension, i was almost like $30 short of just buying one.

and i got impatient. :D
Did you ever post finished pictures of your project smurf?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
pics will have to wait.

i have rideable snow, the first in 2 seasons.

i got 1, 25 mile ride last year, then it melted, and i just got enough snow to ride in, so im not doing anything other than riding lately.

when it melts on me, ill finish up the few odds and ends i have left that i put on hold because i have rideable snow, and ill post them......somewhere.

as a side note, and sorry for the derail, does anyone know what the rpm to aim for in clutching my zrt 800 is?? i know its 8k something, and its right there, i just need to tweak the secondary spring a hole or 2 one way or the other, i just dont remember what i want the peak to be. been to long. :D

its stock, motor wise

·
Registered
10,301 Posts
If you have stock pipes you want to spin it 8460 to be exact. 8500 will do. :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts