Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have pictures of a stock ZR with 121 track with a tunnel extension?

Since I have a 60 mile range on my 800 it would be nice to be able to carry a bit extra gas on any trips.

A tunnel extension would give me space to mount a medium size Jerry can.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Sorry, no pic but this is something I'm contemplating for my 600 cce. Big trip for this weekend and I gotta have another guy carry my extra gas for me.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
What about getting one of those tanks that mounts to your clutch guard instead? Can't think of the name of them though...gr!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
maybe this will help.

before i put the long track on, i started with the extension.

i even put a 5 gal can on it for you.

i also think that this extension will not hold a 5 gal can for extended rides, with out eventually buckling, either the aluminum, or rivets giving out, or wollaring out the rivet holes real fast.

2 gal can all day, but really, 2 gal is probably not worth carrying.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,301 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
I've thought about that too. There was a guy on here selling in for a zr not to long ago. I passed since I want to extend my sled and would rather have the fuel/weight centered on my sled vs having 2.5 gals on the left side. That's 20 lbs extra on one side plus whatever the gas buddy weighs.

I'm really looking for a mnt cat rolling chassis instead of a tunnel extension for a project.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Anyone have pictures of a stock ZR with 121 track with a tunnel extension?

Since I have a 60 mile range on my 800 it would be nice to be able to carry a bit extra gas on any trips.

A tunnel extension would give me space to mount a medium size Jerry can.
Why are you only getting 60 miles to a tank? I knew some guys with the 800 twin that would typically get around 140 miles to the tank. Is this EFI or carbs?

AG had pictures on here many years ago of the rack he built for his sled. It was a cool rack from aluminum angles and it could come off when he didn't need it.

I don't think the Tour Buddy will throw the sled dynamics off too much. The fuel is used from the Tour Buddy first, so the little extra weight goes down first and will be done in 20 - 30 miles.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't get why I only see 60 miles to a tank. I could likely go down a couple jet sizes in the carbs.

I've thought about the tank buddy setup. But being a designer I'm quite capable of designing an aux tank and using resources to get it made for fairly cheap.

I'll have to search for this rack setup.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I don't get why I only see 60 miles to a tank. I could likely go down a couple jet sizes in the carbs.

I've thought about the tank buddy setup. But being a designer I'm quite capable of designing an aux tank and using resources to get it made for fairly cheap.

I'll have to search for this rack setup.
Tune your set up by reading the plugs and piston wash and then get a Tempa-Flow to keep it tune.

I also remember AG using a 20l jerry can on his rack as a Tour Buddy like set up. The Tour Buddy works through the fuel tank vent, so you just need extend the vent line to the rear, have it pick up from the bottom of the jerry can, and vent the system from the top. Same as the Tour Buddy, your jerry can will empty first as you draw down the system.

I think you might be wasting fuel and money by not having the sled set up very well. It will do everything better when tuned, and maybe you won't need to carry extra fuel once that is done.I dunno

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That actually looks pretty good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts