Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,745 Posts
I had one for the past 2 seasons....and the zipper blew apart. I liked the size of it, but it didn't hold up very long
Had the same issues with my last 2 cat bags. That and ice build up would crack their cheap mounting system. just about anything is night and day better than cat tunnel bags. All of my problems went away going with linq mounted accessories. I run sled solutions bag with white out linq adapters. Now doo offers so many option it’s easier just get everything from them.

·
Super Moderator
9,743 Posts
I had one for the past 2 seasons....and the zipper blew apart. I liked the size of it, but it didn't hold up very long
That's frustrating.
I've had quite a few of the size mentioned and the next smaller version. (I bet it's been about seven bags between the two versions) I was fairly happy with them until I had a zipper quit zipping. I guess you could say it blew apart the teeth behind the closer. (One of the kids grabbed stuff out and just rammed it shut.) Once those teeth get jammed, the zipper is dang finicky. They use the same zipper in various lengths with quite a few different bags. I like their ability to keep out the elements, but they are touchy. The water seal makes the zipper pull harder. The offset handle tends to make the slider tilt fairly easy.
I've gotten used to the challenges and figured out a packing system that works well for the shape of these bags. It certainly isn't the end all perfect setup so I'm open to ideas.

I keep watching around for a durable and versatile bag system that I can move and use on the next sled easily. The linq setup that @GregB mentioned is interesting. I'd love to hear from riders that have tried various styles long term. My big concern is the bouncy bounce effect with quick mounts. I know from past experience, that if a bag can move, it will fail.
I will say, in my experience, the original bag mentioned in the thread does hold solid. If it were not for the zippers, I'd consider my bag shopping done.

·
Super Moderator
8,745 Posts
That's frustrating.
I've had quite a few of the size mentioned and the next smaller version. (I bet it's been about seven bags between the two versions) I was fairly happy with them until I had a zipper quit zipping. I guess you could say it blew apart the teeth behind the closer. (One of the kids grabbed stuff out and just rammed it shut.) Once those teeth get jammed, the zipper is dang finicky. They use the same zipper in various lengths with quite a few different bags. I like their ability to keep out the elements, but they are touchy. The water seal makes the zipper pull harder. The offset handle tends to make the slider tilt fairly easy.
I've gotten used to the challenges and figured out a packing system that works well for the shape of these bags. It certainly isn't the end all perfect setup so I'm open to ideas.

I keep watching around for a durable and versatile bag system that I can move and use on the next sled easily. The linq setup that @GregB mentioned is interesting. I'd love to hear from riders that have tried various styles long term. My big concern is the bouncy bounce effect with quick mounts. I know from past experience, that if a bag can move, it will fail.
I will say, in my experience, the original bag mentioned in the thread does hold solid. If it were not for the zippers, I'd consider my bag shopping done.
Once it is mounted on the sled the linq stuff does not move. You can also put a bolt or a lock through the latch so it can not accidentally unlatch some how. I have to give skidoo credit on the linq stuff as it flat out works. It will also on an atv as well. My friends swap them from sled to atv when the seasons change

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had the same issues with my last 2 cat bags. That and ice build up would crack their cheap mounting system. just about anything is night and day better than cat tunnel bags. All of my problems went away going with linq mounted accessories. I run sled solutions bag with white out linq adapters. Now doo offers so many option it’s easier just get everything from them.
Do you know if that will fit on a 129"

·
Super Moderator
9,743 Posts
That is a good point @GregB , with the new system. I wonder if they will make it a retrofit for the current sleds? That could be a great way to get the system rolled out now.

Reactions: acpantera
1 - 16 of 16 Posts