Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put in a EPI Clutch kit in the 05' TRV, Feels no different, no better then before. I called the company and the lady (she works there) told me there should be a much better take off.. on it now.

We run stock 25 inch Tires

NO other Mods made so far....

Anyone else have any ideas on this?

We checked

Rollers
belts
plastic housing's

Nothing everyone is in order...

For $ 200 I really want to feel a difference somewhere :)

HELP!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
complete kit? even the little springs? you should notice more of a stall or it will rev a bit higher before take off and with a stiffer secondary you might not notice too much going up to speed but when you lay off the throttle you should definately notice the machine slowing up quicker or back shifting quicker.

·
Banned
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
everything installed,,, to the "T" ....

Mike did it 2 times, because the first time he thought he had something goofed up,,,, but everything was in and in order.

SO what would be the next thing to do,,, to help this...

I want better pickup, quicker I guess not better...

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
i personaly don't know what is the next step, i'll let some of the other members help point you in the right direction, due to my limited knowledge on clutch kit. good luck!

·
Banned
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh ok.....

·
Banned
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sport Utility...As we were told by Ac dealer, and EPI Company.

Economy, is for different Quad.
I thought we had the wrong Kit too,,, checked it out under the website also... :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Firecracker71 @ Jan 18 2007, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Its the Arctic Cat ATV Sport Utility Clutch Kit # WE 490525

This is the Kit :

https://www.erlandsonperformance.com/mm5/me...t_Code=WE490525

thanx[/b]

Is the description on their web page a typo (500 TRX) .... there is no 500 TRX ... and the internal transmission parts for the 05 500 TRV are identical to the 05 500i so that should have nothing to do with it.

http://www.worldofpowersports.com/oem/fich...-cat/index.html

·
Banned
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah thats a goof up ,,,,lol.

·
Registered
742 Posts
When I had my 400i I put in a clutch kit, and the most noticable difference I found was when it was under load (hills, mud etc) that is where I noticed most of it, and also a bit higher engagement. But it did help quite a bit for my situations.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Fire I when I had my 500 auto I installed a dalton,I was just running 26" swamplites but i did have lighter wheels than stock.The only difference i noticed is when slowing down and a little better pull in the mud,I do not run deep mud either.IMO the clutch kits arent really worth it unless you are a real deep mud guy or maybe working on the farm.Just my opion so please noone get mad

·
Banned
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey mud,,, that must be it... we will find out.... someone also told me that I should wait till she is at a 1000 Miles.... cause that when the quad is really broke in??

I got little over 500 miles now... I think (not sure havent checked ) so I guess HOPING she will run better within time ;)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
If you did not get these little springs for the internal clutch then you got the wrong kit for $200

Things in the kit.
Secondary spring and 5 spague clutch springs. Not sure if you get rollers with the sport utlity kit.
you would have needed to get a gasket for the clutch case. (#11) in order to install the little springs. hope this helps

1 - 15 of 15 Posts