Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 EFI 700 wildcat I am having trouble getting to run. Its getting spark and will run when I put gas down the plug holes but as soon as the gas burns out it dies. I know its commons that many engines are tough to get gas to the carbs when it sits all season. I tried putting in gas 4 times and by then it should be running if its just no gas in the lines. What are some issues that I may not be getting gas to where it needs to be?

·
Registered
10,422 Posts
When you turn key on, do you hear the fuel pump? It will cycle for 2-3 seconds.

·
Registered
10,422 Posts
Pumps are in the tank under the console. You should definitely hear it when you turn key on and kill switch is up of course.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Are you sure that the battery is good? A good battery / Battery voltage is REQUIRED in order for that sled to run right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New battery, plus it was on a charger before I put it back in. We just are not getting gas. When we added gas it ran until gas was burnt.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
How long had it been since it was last run? Any chance that the fuel pump was sitting dry?

I'm tempted to lean towards a fuel pump issue as well. It sits under the front console in front of the filler. As I recall, they used the same fuel pump in the 580 and the 700. You should be able to use the search tool for some old posts and troubleshoot it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If what I am reading they are a bit pricey? $300? Can they be rebuilt or is there a cheaper place to find one?

·
Registered
10,422 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the sled home now in the garage. I played around with it indoors. The first thing I did before I got home was stop and fill the tank up with premium gas and add injector cleaner. My son left the tank just about empty the last time he used it.

When I tried to start it, I put fuel in the cylinders. On the second pull I heard the fuel pump run. Kept trying to get it to start. Now after a day or two I went out and pulled on it again. Now I don't hear the pump turn on. I have had it on a trickle charger while its been home hoping to keep the battery charged in case that could of been the issue.

Reading some of the comments there could be a host of issues. I have seen videos of unlocking the pump from sitting when the fuel tank level is low.

I honestly don't think the battery is being charged well enough when it did work. My son had a trip when the battery was dead so he bought a new one last year. It had a fairly new battery when we got it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts