Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using one? I picked one up last year and put it in when I rebuilt my sled this summer. I had the sled out for the first time on Monday and it wasn't able to get over 7000 RPM. After I got home and started looking things over I noticed that one of the bolts that came with the torque arm was hitting the back side of the secondary and had worn a ring about 1mm deep into the secondary.

I had used the bolts that came with the arm. For now I have taken it off. I'm not sure if I should reverse the bolt and have the bolt head towards the secondary instead or try and find a shorter bolt. The bolt didn't look that long when I had installed it but I guess when the secondary was opening up it was hitting. That must be why I wasn't getting over 7000 RPMs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Hello Kevin. I had the happen to me when I bought my sled. It came with the bolt in backwards. Dealer just turned the bolt around and problem solved. Can you mount the torque arm on the other side of the bearing. What make of torque arm is that, I want to pick one up myself

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slick @ Jan 2 2007, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hello Kevin. I had the happen to me when I bought my sled. It came with the bolt in backwards. Dealer just turned the bolt around and problem solved. Can you mount the torque arm on the other side of the bearing. What make of torque arm is that, I want to pick one up myself[/b]
I got it on Ebay. There was a guy last year selling a bunch of them. It looks exactly like the Black Magic one.

I played around with it tonight and I decided to take it off. I took the spring out of the secondary and just played around opening and closing it checking to see if the bolt would hit with the bolt in backwards and it still hit. I can't mount the arm on the other side of the bearing because the bearing support is in the way. I left the other half attached to the bottom of the PTO Cylinder.

We'll see on Saturday if that cures my RPM problem.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Installed incorrectly. Those kits usually had a half-head bolt that was installed in place of the front bolt on the bearing plate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts