Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all !!
trying to plan my first trip to the UP with my bro. There is atleast 4 of us and no one knows were to go. We plan to stay at one place and explore the area. The problem is not sure were to go for the most snow. Seeing as we are planning this now we want to plan for a place that is the best guarentee for good riding. Any advice or even a web site to use to make our plans would be awsome !!!
Thanks from south central minnesota. Land of great snow dissappointment.

·
Registered
13 Posts
check out john dee.com, lots of info available there. Historical weather and snow fall, lodging, tons of links and sponsors from the up area. Great info in the forums too. Check the ride board and trail reports.
also mommotorsports does trips out west for very affordable prices.

·
Administrator
7,790 Posts
Some of the countrys best riding is in the U.P.
Grand Marias, east to Paradise, or south( to Seney) or till ya run out of good snow,
West to Munising & Marquette.
One note, it's extremely busy on the weekends and sometime dangerous, knuckle heads come around a corner in your lane at warp speeds so carry a pocket full of rocks and pitch them at their windshields if you get a chance.
I've never done that but sometimes I wish I did.

·
Super Moderator
8,771 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cehyoopers @ Nov 8 2009, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
copper harbour,baraga,lake gogebic or any where near there.What time of the year are you going,,,,,that it important to know,lol.[/b]
This is good advice. You are coming from Minnesota so the Western U.P. is much closer. Snow is still very good in that area.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mudbath302 @ Nov 17 2009, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
probably going mid jan. out of vacation at work!!!!
thanks for all advice[/b]
Mid Jan. is usually pretty dang good up there. Get close to the lake and you will actually see warmer temps than inland.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jmom800x @ Nov 17 2009, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
check out john dee.com, lots of info available there. Historical weather and snow fall, lodging, tons of links and sponsors from the up area. Great info in the forums too. Check the ride board and trail reports.
also mommotorsports does trips out west for very affordable prices.[/b]
Johndee is a great site for the snow and trail conditons. We use that site to plan any trips during the iffy snow conditons.

We have been going up there for about 12 years now and we love it up there.
It feels more like home than home. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mountain man123 @ Nov 18 2009, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
iron mountain is in ironwood i assume?[/b]
No, two different towns.

I would stay in the western third of the U.P. anywhere from 200 inches of annual around silver city to a record of 390 inches near copper harbor. The "yoop" is awesome.

N27

1 - 9 of 9 Posts