Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't get pipe on pull start side to come up to temp heres what I'v done
#1 pulled carb off and cleaned it well it was off made sure choke plunger was bottoming out and jet working it is.
#2 checked pipes for obstruions Nothing
#3 New plugs
#4 checked for fuel in cylinder got fuel
#5 swapped plug wires on plugs no change
#6 checked for spark lots of it
#7 adjusted choke over and over and nothing changes
Anything else I can try to got pip to come up to temp thanks

·
Registered
870 Posts
stock pipes? have you tried switching the carbs to that cylinder does the problem still exist when you do? I have psi pipes on a 580 and with them I need two different main jets to tune it. Other possibilities are leaking head o-rings putting a bit of coolant in that cylinder, if you did a top end are the base gaskets correct the 800/900 triples have cylinder specific base gaskets.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stock pipes? have you tried switching the carbs to that cylinder does the problem still exist when you do? I have psi pipes on a 580 and with them I need two different main jets to tune it. Other possibilities are leaking head o-rings putting a bit of coolant in that cylinder, if you did a top end are the base gaskets correct the 800/900 triples have cylinder specific base gaskets.
Ok gonna try the carb switch and see if that helps and gonna get a compression tester tomorrow and do a test on it havent did one after full rebuild Rings and pistons, honed jugs new everything will run just not getting the one pipe to come up to temp thanks gonna also look into the coolant thing to thanks

·
Registered
870 Posts
the base gaskets have water passages that get larger from the mag side to the pto side. the mag side should have the smallest opening for water, and the pto (clutch) side is the largest. it may be possible that the gaskets are wrong and you are getting too much coolant on the mag side cylinder

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the base gaskets have water passages that get larger from the mag side to the pto side. the mag side should have the smallest opening for water, and the pto (clutch) side is the largest. it may be possible that the gaskets are wrong and you are getting too much coolant on the mag side cylinder
Hi there I did a compression test on all three jugs and got 120 on all three not sure what else to try outside of swapping carbs around gonna try that see what happens thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts