Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What trailers do you guys recommend. What do you like dislike about them. Looking to buy a 2 place enclosed finally.
badcomputer Using the community trailer is getting old real fast

·
Registered
691 Posts
I got a 2003 Triton Elite 10 foot enclosed. Love the trailer, so light as well so easy to load up the sleds as well to unload. You go to love those torsion springs on the axle, so smooth!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Friend that lives up the road has one of those ToyCarrier trailers. I'll see if i can get some feedback from him for you. Jeff

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Enclosed trailers are the way to go. Only thing I'd suggest is buying a 12' trailer instead of a 10'. Reason is that if you have any sort of long tracked snowmobiles (Crossfires or 2-up) the claim shell won't close over the longer sleds. I have a 10' trailer and it's hindering my plans on buying a crossfire 1000. Not for sure on the extra cost, but its only thing I'd change about mine.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snowman @ Dec 31 2006, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Enclosed trailers are the way to go. Only thing I'd suggest is buying a 12' trailer instead of a 10'. Reason is that if you have any sort of long tracked snowmobiles (Crossfires or 2-up) the claim shell won't close over the longer sleds. I have a 10' trailer and it's hindering my plans on buying a crossfire 1000. Not for sure on the extra cost, but its only thing I'd change about mine.[/b]
i seen crossfires and 2-ups in 10 footers, but not to comfortably, go with the 12'

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'd also recommend getting a 12'. It will preserve the resale the best.

I like Floe and Triton the best and have a 12' Floe Gullwing enclosed. Sledbed also makes a great trailer. Floe doesn't even offer a 10' enclosed anymore.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I was taking my time, looking for a large enclosed trailer for my sleds and found a 24" V-nose Legend this summer with tool cabinets, a heater, lights, and a stereo. It is total overkill for what I use it for but it's like having an extra garage. I keep all my sled parts, clothes, oil, and a complete tool set in it. It should hold it's value too. It is really nice to have all your crap out of the way and portable.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I just bought a new two place Toy Carrier. It is very light, all aluminium and plastic, and 10 ft long. The rear hatch only lifts up so you don't need to sweep the snow off the top to get it open. I have added a battery and 120 volt 1000 watt inverter inside and added wiring to charge the battery and a back up light also. Now I have power to run the block heater or trouble light if I need it. It came with ski slides, traction mats, spare tire and tongue jack and interier light. Also Super Clamp hold downs. If we only had some snow, I could use it for more than a garage.

BP

·
Registered
656 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Big ***** @ Dec 31 2006, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I just bought a new two place Toy Carrier. It is very light, all aluminium and plastic, and 10 ft long. The rear hatch only lifts up so you don't need to sweep the snow off the top to get it open. I have added a battery and 120 volt 1000 watt inverter inside and added wiring to charge the battery and a back up light also. Now I have power to run the block heater or trouble light if I need it. It came with ski slides, traction mats, spare tire and tongue jack and interier light. Also Super Clamp hold downs. If we only had some snow, I could use it for more than a garage.

BP[/b]

I have a single place Yacht Club trailer with a Toy Carrier cover on it. They're a bit more expensive that I thought they'd be, but I can't even tell the trailer is behind me, it tows so well. As above, it came with a plastic track mat and ski glides from Toy Carrier.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have a Mirage trailer , which was a poor choice on my part to have bought.
Its a piece of crap quality wise.

I would likely by a Wells cargo, triton, or featherlite if I was buying another one.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
I had a Triton trailer; it was a well built unit that was easy to haul and held the road very well.

Now I have a Blizzard trailer, and although I was a bit hesitant as I wasn’t familiar with them in the beginning, I now have had it long enough to feel that it is every bit as good as my Triton was, it trailers very easily and it seems to take the ruff roads well.

I would recommend either the Triton or the Blizzard from past experiance.
:sno: :sno: :sno: :sno: :sno: :sno: :sno: :sno: :sno: :sno:

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (monkers @ Jan 2 2007, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
what model Blizzard do you have, side by side or inline?[/b]
I have a 2006 11 foot enclosed side by side.

I loaded our 2004 Sabercat EXT in it with plenty of room to spare.

:sno: :sno: :sno: :sno: :sno: :sno: :sno: :sno: :sno:

·
Registered
214 Posts
quote name='monkers' post='428530' date='Jan 2 2007, 12:14 PM']what model Blizzard do you have, side by side or inline?[/quote]

I have a Blizzard 12' v-nose side by side and have been very happy with it. Michele and Steve are very nice people to do business with.

[attachment=59536:DSC01564.JPG][

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've got a drive-on, drive-off Triton Elite 12 footer with a Top Cap fiberglass cover. The covers are made in Canada, I think. Used to be made in Minneapolis/St Paul. I like it very much but have a 162" M7 and it just barely fits inside. If you or your friends are ever going to get into long track sleds I'd suggest a 12 footer.

Good luck with whatever you buy!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have owned many trailers over the years and this is my conclusion about them-

Have two axles, no matter how little weight you are towing
Buy a drive on drive off trailer, no tilt models
Have nothing shorter then 13’ trailer (even for a two place)
Go aluminum- they don’t rust and are lighter for towing in the mountains
Since I am broke, I would rather have an open 4 place then a two place enclosed
With enclosed 4 places, watch the wind in Rockies, they do get blown over (tall models)
If it’s an open trailer, have the slush guards/ramps in the front, don’t need covers ;)
Not a huge fan of the slide rail down the middle, for tie downs
If you tow in the mountains and have drum brakes, get electric brakes on the trailer
Be sure it comes with a jack and mounted extra tire which still allows the ramps to come down.

The best trailer I have every owned, so far, has been a Sledbed mfg by Newman trailers. Oh if you buy used, don’t but out West ;) Mid West states has all the trailer deals. Happy Hunting!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts