Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just putting this out for discussion.

I just bought a 2004 Arctic cat 400 with under 400km on it. My plan was to use it to help get my fly fishing pontoon boat to lakes. i have a small pup trailer that the atv just fits into. I also have an 8’ aluminum boat.

my problem is that I have a small class A bus that cant get me to the lakes I like to fish. I’d figured to. Use the atv to pull either the pontoon or aluminum boat to lakes close to where I’m camping.

for discussion

im looking For ideas, your thoughts or pictures, of how to do this. I was thinking about buying a cheap and small folding trailer to mount above the atv. Maybe using a boat rack sort of device to pull the second trailer and boat or pontoon boat up above the atv.

just putting it out there.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Perhaps a slightly larger trailer and make a rack to carry the boat above the ATV. Use Lo range while towing.

·
Registered
12,615 Posts
I made a trailer to haul my 11’ aluminum boat into lakes back in the bush. It’s a breakdown “T”. The tongue slides into bracket on the tube axle and held in with a pin. The two hubs slide into tube axle and are also held in with pins.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bigger trailer? Yup. At this time it’s about 6 inches to short for the atv. Thinking about extending it.

a “t” breakdown trailer. Hummm. I like this idea. I did something similar to wheel my pontoon boat around. i simply took a piece of 1 1/2” aluminum tubing and pushed wheels into the end. When I tighten the nut on the wheel plug it squeezes rubber pipe to expand inside the tube. Loosen the nut and the rubber shrinks so i can pull them off for packing.

good ideas thanks

·
Registered
12,615 Posts
If you want closeup pictures I can post on Tuesday.

·
Registered
12,615 Posts
Definitly. Particularily the "T" section and one wheel atachment.

Thanks
Will do. Might even be tomorrow night when we get home from camping

·
Registered
12,615 Posts
Here’s some closeup pictures. I put lock nuts and bolts instead of pins. Didn’t want to lose a pin on the trail and be hooped. I did bend the axle but added another square tube inside the axle tube. I caught it on a tree on a tight bend.

Reactions: Wallamatogus

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Huuummm so simple. I thought the “t” would be a separate piece but it makes sence it’s the axel. Good thinking people out there.

thanks for the pictures. Two projects in front of this. But a great idea.

thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts