Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im new to this site. Im just in the works of going through my 04 sno pro 440. Im looking to put a coolant temp light on it. I see what looks to be a sensor on the bottom end of the engine. Is there any kit i could get to hook up a light on it? What are some more ideas on trail converting? I have tunnel coolers. Thanks hopre to hear some info.

·
Super Moderator
8,545 Posts
Hey guys im new to this site. Im just in the works of going through my 04 sno pro 440. Im looking to put a coolant temp light on it. I see what looks to be a sensor on the bottom end of the engine. Is there any kit i could get to hook up a light on it? What are some more ideas on trail converting? I have tunnel coolers. Thanks hopre to hear some info.

order the gauge kit from a dealer or just put a KOSO temp gauge in it and set it to light up at what ever temp you want it too.

bar min to trail convert it you need to add a cooling system. SP500 coolers work great and are cheap from a dealer

Change the heads to 2002 low comp heads

reprogram the cdi for pump gas

jet the carbs to run on pump gas

To make it a 1/2 way decent trail sled.

clutch it for the trail

add oil injection for convenience factor

switch to a shorter lug track for the trail (1 3/8 f7 track works well)

Gear it like an F5 so it will go more than 70mph

Revalve the shocks so the suspension will actually work on the trails

·
Registered
123 Posts
I bought a temp gauge from Trail-tech. It was $45 and works great. It has a small led screen you can mount where you want. I did all the convert stuff on my 06 440 but didn't have to reprogram. Very fun sled on the trails when it gets rough. I should put the motor in my 500sp to wake that one up! lol!
Also on hcs there is a great write up on 440 trail conversion under the 440 trail/race section.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds good guys. What about gears for trail in these things. Its got a 43 tooth on bottom and 19 tooth on top. This sled only tops out at like 50. Id like to get it to go a little faster but want to keep it so it pulls the front end up a bit.

·
Registered
149 Posts
20 teeth top gear Arctic Cat # 1602-600

39 teeth bottom gear Arctic Cat # 1602-686

And use a 70 pitch Hyvo chain Arctic Cat # 1602-772

With this setup you will get about 85 to 90 mph with the 1 3/4 lug track. Plus you will still have most of your bottom end torque.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok ill have have to check into them and order them. Another question is if i wanted to put a track off a 05 sno pro with a 3" pitch could i use my same drive shaft and just buy the cogs off the 05 sled?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think your track on your 04 is also a 3.00 pitch unless it has been changed out. You should be able to just switch the track out, direct fit no new cogs needed.
If you are in question measure the pitch on the track on your sled now.

EDIT:
I just checked and you should be able to switch out just the cogs onto your shaft. The 04 and 05 both use the same shaft, just different cogs.

I have a 3.0 pitch track and drive shaft with the 3.0 cogs already installed if your interested. Both are in great shape. Send me a PM if your interested.

·
Registered
5 Posts
F8

I did one in 03 and still have it. The sled had 2 miles one it when I big bored it. I use the Polaris pistons but I didn't do them the way everyone else was doing them. I decked the cases and the cylinders so the pistons worked wright. It made 165 hp at 7700 rpms and 110 ft lbs of torque at 7200 rpms. With stock pipe. Runs real hard and no problems. I do run a boonedocker box, but to take fuel away. Even with the 06 box it's still real rich on my motor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.