Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got the chaincase back in. got the track and rear skid in place. now its time to adjust the track. first its a brand new 1.25" lug track with 144 1.375 studs. how tight should i run the track. and how do you guys judge the tension while doing this.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I was told by a local shop to lift the back of the sled off the ground and measure the furthest distance between track and slider's. They said to keep it roughly 1.5-1.75" distance. Some might run it tighter or looser I'm no expert for sure but this seems to work for me.

·
Registered
152 Posts
"I was told by a local shop to lift the back of the sled off the ground and measure the furthest distance between track and slider's. They said to keep it roughly 1.5-1.75" distance. Some might run it tighter or looser I'm no expert for sure but this seems to work for me."

Sounds like a good baseline to me. I personally run mine as loose as possible without the track cogging (ratcheting). Loose is fast and efficent. But 1.5" is a pretty standard number. The only detail i see left out is you gennerally use a spring scale at 20 lbs then measure you're 1.5" -Tim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts