Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok after following the nice step by step directions I got the old track out and new one in but having some difficulty figuring out the tension on the new track, I have loosened the rear boogies and tensioners when I took it out and put it back to the same location upon reinstall and it seems way too tight I dont want to burn up my new track so if anyone know what I need to do of what tension it needs set to please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok, I have talked to a couple people and they said and correct me if they are wrong you should have about 1" between the track and the sliders when the rear is lifted up.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I belive the stock spec is 2 1/2" with 20lb weight on the track. Basically you want it as loose as possible without it ratcheting on hard accelleration.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have the same sled. 1-1.25 inch between track clip and slider 20 lbs pull down.I use fishing scale. do this in center of track

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.