Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
96 zrt 600 There are 3 holes in the front and 3 in the rear for the 4 main skid bolts. What holse should be used to gain the best, ride and travel. also on the spring triangle blocks there are three tension settings, which is the best. im 6 foot 210lbs

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Your best bet is to scrap your skid and put in a 98 and up tsl skid. Directions for the mod are pinned at the top of the zr/zrt section.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry I don't have my manual in front of me right now. From what I remember the you choose the holes for your skid frame based on the snow conditions you are riding in. Who Reallychanges the settings? If you PM me I will try to get back to you (and others) with info from the manual. Busy time of year though,,, As far as the spring preload block, I personally set mine to just bottom with hard riding to use all my limited travel. I started on the middle, but I'm guessing at 210lbs you will nee to use a stiffer setting.

My two cents,
Frank

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the manual and cant find the settings in it anywhere. As far a the spring bloc I am confused. Do I want the block to hold more tension on the spring or less??????

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
To hold your weight, you want the most tension on the spring block. Softer will ride a bit smoother but have a greater chance of bottoming out. I would say the middle hole on the front and back should be fine. You wont gain any travel more or less in any of the holes. The travel is in the skid. Fat boy springs, and shock rebuilds are your best answer if you plan on investing in that skid. my2cents
Nick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts