Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading about the Track Rubbing against the bolts of the diamond drive case, in some other posts and thought I should take a look at my new F5. Sure enough, the track is right up against a couple of the bolts. There is a thin piece of rubber on the edge of the track (about 1/16th inch) probably let over from the mould, that I can see bulged out around the lower bolt. If the actual meat of the track isn't touching, it is certainly too close for comfort. The bolt itself almost looks like a round stud and seems to be covered with a plastic boot, or is that pieces of melted rubber from the track?

Is there any way this can be like this on purpose? Some kind of alignment strategy? It seems very odd. I also notice a whining sound (almost turbine like) when cruising along. Is this the track rubbing or does the DD have a bit of a whine to it?

I am very concerned about this. I can't believe Cat could make this kind of error. There has to be a logical explaination. I am going to talk to my dealer later on today. As a genaral rule, he usually just has a blank look on his face when I mention this sort of thing. Sort of like "just go away and quit bothering me".

Any comments or observations regarding this track rubbing thing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Redd

G

·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Redd @ Jan 19 2007, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was reading about the Track Rubbing against the bolts of the diamond drive case, in some other posts and thought I should take a look at my new F5. Sure enough, the track is right up against a couple of the bolts. There is a thin piece of rubber on the edge of the track (about 1/16th inch) probably let over from the mould, that I can see bulged out around the lower bolt. If the actual meat of the track isn't touching, it is certainly too close for comfort. The bolt itself almost looks like a round stud and seems to be covered with a plastic boot, or is that pieces of melted rubber from the track?

Is there any way this can be like this on purpose? Some kind of alignment strategy? It seems very odd. I also notice a whining sound (almost turbine like) when cruising along. Is this the track rubbing or does the DD have a bit of a whine to it?

I am very concerned about this. I can't believe Cat could make this kind of error. There has to be a logical explaination. I am going to talk to my dealer later on today. As a genaral rule, he usually just has a blank look on his face when I mention this sort of thing. Sort of like "just go away and quit bothering me".

Any comments or observations regarding this track rubbing thing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Redd[/b]
As far as the whine goes, it is normal and will become quieter as it wears in. The bolt rubbing will probably never be a big issue as will burn the edge of the track a bit but wont hurt it any!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.