Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been in the process of taking my track out, i cant get the damn driveshaft out of the brake side assembly. The diamond drive is out and that side is free. i took the rotor and caliper off the brake and cannot seperate the shaft from the bearing. it looks like i could get a big wrench on the drive shaft does it have to turn out? ive tried using a block of wood and a hammer to loosen it but it doesnt budge at all. please help and let me know if i missed something. ive been using the track removal how to on here but it has steps for removing things like a gear indicator which i dont have and some other things that arent on my sled because its for an 07.

any help would be much appreciated id like to finish this tonight!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I feel your pain. I have the same sled and year and was going to change the 1" to a 1.375 with studs. I tried for hours to seperate the drive shaft from the brake side, with no luck, just like you are finding. This is what I did... took out the diamond drive (which it appears you already did), and just work the track out on the diamond drive side while moving the drive shaft in and out and all around. It takes a little finesse and force to munipulate the track to come off the drive shaft cogs and the tunnel always wants to be in the way, but it can be done with keeping the drive shaft connected.

·
Registered
17 Posts
There is an outer bracket on the brake side you have to take a block of word or brass punch and tap it out the brake side..you do not have to take the diamond rive out at all.very easy should take for those have not done it before 2 hours..i do them in an hour..

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah thats how i ended up doing it. there has to be a way to remove the driveshaft completely tho. but yeah thats what i tried at first just working it off the shaft but if youve ever tried doing it with a 1.7 inch paddle track you know that it looks impossible, you cannot bend the track at all to make it fit its just too solid. but i did work at it and my dad held the shaft all the way up, and angled it away from the tunnel as much as possible and eventually i got it. the stock size track i put on was way easier lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts