Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHAT COULD POSSIBLY OTHER THAN TRACK RATCHETING CAUSE THAT SAME TYPE FEEL UNDER MODERATE TO HEAVY ACCELERATION ONLY ON TAKE OFF,RAN FOR 2 HOURS GREAT THEN IT STARTED TO MAKE THAT RATCHET FEELING,ADJUSTED TRACK TO WHAT I THOUGHT WAS SNUG ENOUGH,BUT IT'S STILL THERE??ANY IDEAS GUYS.

·
Registered
564 Posts
First off lay off the caps. Second off, is there ice stuck in the tunnel?

·
Registered
514 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (f6sp @ Jan 31 2007, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
any other ideas??[/b]
Did you inspect the belt? My friend who bought my old ZR put a hour glass figure in the belt when he forgot to take off the e-brake and that would do the same thing your talking about, fine at low speeds but under throttle it would feel like track racheting, we put a new belt on it and it went away. When you inspect the belt check to see where it sits on the secondary.JM2CENTS

·
Registered
158 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (f6sp @ Jan 31 2007, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
any other ideas??[/b]

I almost feel stupid posting this...but this identical thing happened to me....I ended up loosing a front Susp mounting bolt. Somehow the lock nut backed it self off and I lost the bolt completely (I don't know how I didnt notice, but I didnt.... bang your head )

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have to add, this happened to me. Last year I put an 1.375 on my zr 600, started ratchetin. Keept tightenin track, till it was too tight. Knew that was wrong, thought it may just have been too much traction for the sled, put anti ratchet drivers on. Heres where it gets interesting. Ended up stabbing the track runners through track with anti ratchets on. Damn near put buddy in hospital that was riding it. Anyway, took back apart, for another track installment. I should say that we were having troubles getting the drivers to go on and off the drive shaft to start with. Got to investigating a little and the driveshaft just didn't seem right, layed on a straight and thought it was a little off. Took it to a welding shop to have them check to see if it was square. Ended up being tweeked 1/16 of an inch. They straightened it and no problems since. Also sled has never been wrecked, so not sure if this could have been a factor defect or what, just something to check.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts