Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 02 ZL 600 efi esr. I put new slides in the rear skid and replaced a couple bearings and wheels. Now when you run the sled on a stand you get this clicking/ratcheting sound from the track. I removed the skid again and all is well. I cannot see any problems. I also have a friend that put slides in his 02 ZR 600 cc and his does the same thing. Both sets of slides were arctic cat slides. Has anyone else had this noise or problem. Is it normal? When your ride it you can hear the track, but we don't have a whole lot of snow yet so some track noise is expected.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Is it hitting on the back of the rail, where you should have trimmed the slide? Maybe cut at an angel more?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Snatchdaddy's right. It's just the back end of the new slide when the clip goes pat it. I wouldn't trim it though. It isn't hurting a thing, just annoying till it wears down a little.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Snatchdaddy and sooer are right. Its just the clips going around the square end of the slides, nothing to worry about really and it will go away once the slide wears some. Just now when it comes to change slides again cut them on an angle and the will take away the noise problem :thumbguy:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, new member here. Finally took the time to sign up, been reading for months, been an A.C. fan since '69!

The slides I just replaced were way too long and I had to trim them quite a bit before I put them on. Probably wouldn't hurt anything if there too long though.

Think snow (none here).

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everyone nailed it, it was the slides. I figured thats what it was from the beginning, but I was too paranoid to let it go. My buddy was right when he said: (Just ride the damn thing!) Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I always cut the rear of the slides on a 45 degree angle then chanfer (SP?) the bottom edge even more. This stops the track clips from catching the tail of the slide when reversing.

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MUSKOKA800 @ Jan 18 2007, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I always cut the rear of the slides on a 45 degree angle then chanfer (SP?) the bottom edge even more. This stops the track clips from catching the tail of the slide when reversing.[/b]

ditto

1 - 8 of 8 Posts