Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have read here that "2 will fit without any mods, how about "2 1/4, thinking about going "144 with a "2 1/4 lug but need to know if it will clear

·
Registered
102 Posts
That was a helpfull reply lol.
I have a 2" on mine without any issues, and I remeber reading a post either on here or at Hardcoresledder.com where a guy mentioned he had a 2 1/4" track without any issues. A quarter inch isn't really all that much so I don't think it would be a problem.
Keeper

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can you get a 2 1/4" lug track with 2.52 pitch? I ordered a 2" Camoplast Challenger for mine as all 2 1/4" tracks had 3.0 pitch and I did not want to change the track driver.

·
Registered
376 Posts
don't mean to hijack your thread but does anyone make a 144"x15"x2" track with a 2.52 pitch? i want to put a 144 under my crossfire before i go to wyoming next month and don't want to change drivers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just like northernpike said you can get a 144x15x2" with a 2.52 pitch from camoplast, your local dealer should be able to bring it in for you.

·
Banned
488 Posts
Quick question here. If this is the case with the larger lug heights, then shouldn't you be able to put studs on up to these heights without any worries? Just curious.

Thanks
Mael

·
Registered
57 Posts
WTF? Why do you figure you need studs with that deep of a lug? Let me rephrase. If you feel you need to stud a 2" track, don't you think you might have the wrong track?
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maelstrom @ Jan 10 2007, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quick question here. If this is the case with the larger lug heights, then shouldn't you be able to put studs on up to these heights without any worries? Just curious.

Thanks
Mael[/b]

·
Banned
488 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bkuku2 @ Jan 10 2007, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
WTF? Why do you figure you need studs with that deep of a lug? Let me rephrase. If you feel you need to stud a 2" track, don't you think you might have the wrong track?
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maelstrom @ Jan 10 2007, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks
Mael[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Dude....wtf is right? It's just a question in general man! Think b4 you speak. Has nothing to do with having a 2" track, did i say i had one? No. Just using the 2" lug height as a reference to which would be for longer studs than the recommended for my track, a 1.25." But thanks for the input anyways.......lol.

Mael

·
Registered
525 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maelstrom @ Jan 10 2007, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Thanks
Mael[/b]
I'm just guessing here and throwing out my $.02 but I think it has to do more with the type of material that would potentially hit the cooler/tunnel and not just the height. If your track with 2" studs slaps around and nicks the cooler, it'll probably put a hole in it. If a 2" rubber lug hits the cooler, you might brush the snow off of it and that's it. I dunno

·
Banned
488 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (24K @ Jan 10 2007, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maelstrom @ Jan 10 2007, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks
Mael[/b]
I'm just guessing here and throwing out my $.02 but I think it has to do more with the type of material that would potentially hit the cooler/tunnel and not just the height. If your track with 2" studs slaps around and nicks the cooler, it'll probably put a hole in it. If a 2" rubber lug hits the cooler, you might brush the snow off of it and that's it. I dunno
[/b][/quote]

Yea i suppose so 24K. You would think tho with as little deflection as possible that protectors wouldn't be necessary? Not saying i would run anything close to 2", but maybe 1.45" would be a little more appropiate. I know the whole "better safe than sorry" issue would apply but as i said, just curious. No such thing as stupid questions as they say. lol. I'm no expert on sleds but i do have a little common sense, therefore somewhat justifying the stupid question theory. I dunno

·
Registered
524 Posts
Mael, The snow is so hard up here you really do not need 1.45" studs with 1.25" lugs, I think you will be better off with 1.375, a little less rotating mass with the same traction....

I was laughing more at the responce you got and the reply you gave him.....lol....you are right, there are no stupid questions....especially on this site....

FYI the guys going powder riding and hill climbing want to loose as much weight as possible, and adding studs to their track will add weight and it will be rotating which will most likely decrease perforamnce on the hill or in the powder.....

Cheers, have a good day.....

·
Registered
524 Posts
Not Cape Dorset, Cambridge Bay where shooting incident happened....

This is what I have heard....

Three guys were shot and killed, all three were in their early 20's, the young men were trying to mug a guy while he was at home and got shot and killed....this is what I have heard and my not be 100% correct, I think you can check out CBC North Beat web site and get more details....leads me to suspect the guy was either a drug dealer or bootlegger or even both.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts