Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to replace the speedometer drive cable hoping the bearing was ok....... bang your head bang your head bang your head

Is it possible to take out the track drive shaft without removing the skid frame? I think I did it this way before. Thanks Dan

·
Registered
129 Posts
Since there is not a bearing lock on the chain side of the drive shaft it should have enough room to move over once you have everything loose on the clutch side, i hope b/c i have to do it too this weekend?????????

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DansBlown73Nordic @ Feb 1 2007, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I went to replace the speedometer drive cable hoping the bearing was ok....... bang your head bang your head bang your head

Is it possible to take out the track drive shaft without removing the skid frame? I think I did it this way before. Thanks Dan[/b]
I never tried it with the skid in but I dont think you will get the track loose enough to slide the shaft into the chain case enough... never know, try it... if not drop the skid out, easy enough... :thumbsup:

BM...

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welll I found a very strange thing. I was able to drop the shaft down enough after taking the chain case apart, however I could not get the shaft to come out of the bearing on the chain case side. The shaft looks like it is twisted. The splines have a spot just after where the gear goes that looks like the splines or shaft are twisted....I put it all back together and everything looks great. Took it for a ride. I had to cut the old bearing off with a grinder. bang your head

1 - 4 of 4 Posts