Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have trouble keeping the track alignment consistant?? I adjust and perfectly center the track. Run it on the stand a while and all is good. Go for a ride and come back and alignment is off again. I havent paid attention if it always moves to one side more than the other. I'll have to check that the next time I do it. Seems to be good and straight at the drivers. Anything else I shouyld look at. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
F-Cats tracks are a PITA to align. Just get it close and it should be fine.

·
Registered
201 Posts
It's because of that big axel nut. When you get the alignment real good, then tighten that nut, its out almost every time. I found you have to put the track almost way out of line to the left of the machine then tighten the nut and see what happens. Even that method doesn't work all the time.

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
A few years back, a friend complained of the same thing... But it was on an AWS5 chassis.

He came to my place, I aligned/tensioned the track as per specs. He ripped around the lake and came back. Put it up on the stand, spun the track a bit, and sure enough the left side was loose.

Re-aligned/tensioned the track again, he did another rip around the lake again, came back, same but not as bad as the first time.

Flipped the sled on it's side, I had a close look at the inside tunnel view of the PTO side track driveshaft bearing. It was toast! There wasn't much left of it!

I asked if the speedo worked... He said it quit some time ago and was in the market for a good used speedo.

Well, as you can guess... He didn't need the speedo after all!

:chug:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
It's an Fireacat problem. Both of mine were the same and the bearings were fine. I don't think the nyloc nuts hold either....grr..

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cmscat50 @ Jan 8 2007, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's an Fireacat problem. Both of mine were the same and the bearings were fine. I don't think the nyloc nuts hold either....grr..[/b]
My bearings are fine as well. I only have 1000 miles. It was a holdover. Makes sense that the bearings would do that though.

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
IMO, 4 wheel kit is the way to go cuz the inner 2 wheel ('03-'04 Firecats) doesn't justify when it comes to Track Alignment and measuring 1 1/2" between the hyfax and track with a 20 lb weight at the half way of the track. :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts