Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughters 120 through the track the other night. I realigned it and tightened it but it still sounds like its ratcheting could the drives be spinning on the drive shaft ? any ideas
i ajusted the track with .5 play

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (medicnorth @ Jan 8 2007, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My daughters 120 through the track the other night. I realigned it and tightened it but it still sounds like its ratcheting could the drives be spinning on the drive shaft ? any ideas
i ajusted the track with .5 play[/b]
seen one once where the front rails were slightly bent, causing the clips (guide) to hit on the plastic rail caps,, sounded just like ratcheting

·
Registered
452 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (medicnorth @ Jan 8 2007, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i ajusted the track with .5 play[/b]
What year is it? The track drivers on the 2000 and some of the 2001 were bad causing the cogs to skip.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well took the sled in to the shop found the cause of the noise the bushing is gone out of the clutch and the sprocket that locks into the clutch housing was skipping out causing the ratcheting sound. glad its got warrenty still
thanks for the replies Guys

the sled is an 06

1 - 4 of 4 Posts