Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the speeds people are getting from your sled? Not spedo but actual GPS or Radar gun. Let people know your speed and if your stock or what you have added to get the speed

I have bone stock F800 with 1550 miles on it GPS at 104-106 under normal lake conditions with -8C temps.

·
Registered
77 Posts
speed

Well i never had any good ice or flat running when my sled was up and running with out belt or chain problems,but i did see 115 gps once on a very drifted lake,if it was smooth or all ice it could of ran 125 plus,yes it is boosted with TD tune v-19.

·
Registered
147 Posts
What are the speeds people are getting from your sled? Not spedo but actual GPS or Radar gun. Let people know your speed and if your stock or what you have added to get the speed

I have bone stock F800 with 1550 miles on it GPS at 104-106 under normal lake conditions with -8C temps.
With y pipe and 1" track f8 is 110-112, stock turbo unstudded is normally 114-116 after the motor loosens up after 500mi.

·
Super Moderator
9,370 Posts
Speedo on the F8 has been withing 1-3 mph of the GPS in most conditions. I run the GPS right next to the speedo and it has been impressively accurate most of the time.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I put mine in the trailer today to get them out of the garage and went for a quick spin down the river and saw 119 on the speedo which was 113 on the gps. Still climbing slowly but ran out of river. Probably would have seen about 115-116 with a little more room. That was on nearly ideal conditions of ice with a tiny bit of firm wet snow to keep the hyfax lubed. I'm basically stock with a Magnaflow 2.5" muffler and Heelclicker clutch kit. Also have 180 studs with stud boy prolite double backers so that probably knocks a couple mph off. I'm pretty happy with that for now.Rockerdude

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Best Ive got out of my 800 is 110 on the speedo. This was on rock hard snow in a field that is 1/2 mile long. It was still climbing when I had to let off, so might get 115 if I could hold it for miles. Best I saw on our trip to the UP was 108. Not the fastest sled out there, esp. out of the box, but I think it has a lot of potential once the crappy clutching is tuned in better.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I put mine in the trailer today to get them out of the garage and went for a quick spin down the river and saw 119 on the speedo which was 113 on the gps. Still climbing slowly but ran out of river. Probably would have seen about 115-116 with a little more room. That was on nearly ideal conditions of ice with a tiny bit of firm wet snow to keep the hyfax lubed. I'm basically stock with a Magnaflow 2.5" muffler and Heelclicker clutch kit. Also have 180 studs with stud boy prolite double backers so that probably knocks a couple mph off. I'm pretty happy with that for now.Rockerdude
Funny how my speedo and yours at top speed are all most identical 6 mph higher than our gps,when i got 115 gps on a crappy lake the digital speedo was just bouncing off 121,this is with a TD tune and 2.5 muffler like yours,and it only took like 1/2 mile or less and it seemed like it was out of gear,but i know it has alot more top end in it,and guys are running that gear and seeing 138 gps,so it is not out of gear. I have run dragonfly weights alot on my yammie sleds and always had great results,so i am very happy to see some on this board running them and having good results,and still achieve good top speed.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
forevergreen and yamadogger. The white/black sleds bad*ss! What years did they offer that color, just 13? Sorry I'm off subject.
Thanks, it's an attention grabber for sure. The offered the all white sleds in 12 and 13, with the 12s being white with orange and the 13s having the white with black and silver. Unfortunately they don't offer an all white for 14, so the white and black will have to do. :lol:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Sandale muffler, 87.5g weights, 128 mph gps on trail 8 in January.

In March I hit 115 mph going uphill to Lake of the Clouds, so I thought for sure I would break 130 going downhill, I hit 115 and that was it and I could feel the belt asking for mercy so backed her down.
The belt had previously saw a tremendous amount of heat when some aftermarket rollers I had disintegrated, anyhow the belt pulled a cord while going downhill.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sandale muffler, 87.5g weights, 128 mph gps on trail 8 in January.

In March I hit 115 mph going uphill to Lake of the Clouds, so I thought for sure I would break 130 going downhill, I hit 115 and that was it and I could feel the belt asking for mercy so backed her down.
The belt had previously saw a tremendous amount of heat when some aftermarket rollers I had disintegrated, anyhow the belt pulled a cord while going downhill.
All you have for mods is a sandale muffler,and it went 128 gps on a snow trail,thats the balls,heck mine is boosted and best on trail was 112 and on snowy rough lake 115 gps,and the impending doom of breaking another belt lol..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
With my F 800, When its cold I run 104 -105 on a good snow pack lake, when the conditions get icy, I have hit 113 on GPS. That is bone stock out of the box with 3200 miles on it. When it warm it fall on it face and I can not fiqure out why

·
Registered
78 Posts
I found that when I get my fat ???? 270 lbs on my 12 turbo I can get 115 boosted @250 , a skinny friend at 160lbs could get my sled up to 126 mph. So I know it's not my sled it's the extra 100. If I want to go faster I'll have to lose about a 100. Remember these sleds are heavy ha ha ha? Let's get a light one and put me on it!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts