Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out on large lake this morning and made a few passes in hard packed snow. The sled maxed out at 95 mph (according to the speedp). I kind of expexted to hit 100. The sled is completely stock the belt has a couple of short seasons on it.

Does that sound right?

·
Registered
34 Posts
What track do you have on it? I have the same sled, bought it new in 2000 before I upgraded the track I could get 105mph easy out of it I then put 1 1/4" track on and tops was 95 mph.

kaw have you had any trouble due to vibrations with your zr? Mine seemed to shake everything apart. I have 6500 miles on that sled now, it has since became my wife's machine as I got a new f-7 last year. If you ever have any questions about your sled I have a lot of experience with 99 zr 700. With the exception of the bottom half of the motor I have pretty much had every bolt out of my machine. While the sled I got was a lemon, it was a great learning experience. If you ever want some info just e-mail me [email protected] :chug:

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
the sled should hit over 100mph easily especialy on the speedo

has the clutches been cleaned or rebuilt recently

what was your top RPM

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not done a thing to the clutches, maybe next season. What the process for cleaning or maintaining a clutch?

We have not had a lot of snow the last couple of seasons so I have not done any tweaking to the sled because I dont have enough riding time to workout any bugs. I have wanted to drop the jets and do the airbox mods but like the idea of riding without problems.

My last few sleds were all at least 10 years old and needed constant work. It's nice to get out and just ride (with reverse I never have to get off the sled).

I could probably use a new belt? Any idea what the wear limit is?

Can I go to a hotter plug instead of dropping the main jets? Any plug suggestions? Would it make a difference?

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
well if you do not have the 00 ZR 700 updates get them

that will help the sled out

I believe its CDI/Clutching and jetting change

I am sure Muskoka,KeeryB or ZRsledhead will help ya,I believe they all had 99 ZR700s

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have a 93 wildcat and I can hit 100 easy, must be something with your clutching or track.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am a little worried about reliability after dropping the jets. I burned up an older sled because it was too lean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts