Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am looking to put a tool kit together outside of the standard one that comes with the sled. I have not had to many issues but I have has one or two and the standard tool kit just hasn't been useful. Anything that would be of good use or main tools anyone uses would be helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Still working on mine but I've found a few things so far that I like to have with me. I always carry a Leatherman Super Tool, best tool I've ever bought. I also like to carry a roll of black electrical tape (not duct tape, stuff doesn't work in cold weather), some thin wire (type that is used to make xmas wreaths), and a couple 3" sized hose clamps. Love to hear what everyone else likes to bring.

·
Registered
195 Posts
A leatherman tool is key. I've also added the following.
Knipex adjustable pliers. They go from 0 to 1 inch. They work like channel locks except the jaws stay parallel great for nuts and bolts. These are the smallest of the three sizes they make. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362003187.619011.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362003202.134721.jpg
A good 1/4 inch socket set with metric and standard sockets is also a good idea. Small and light. Just pare down the number of sockets to the typical sizes that fit sleds. Also allen wrenches and torx bits are a must.
Stainless steel lockwire is something no tool kit should be without. I used it to secure an exhaust pipe on a friends sled last year, he rode it like that the rest of the season.
Spark plug gapping gauge like 2 or 3 bucks at crappy tire. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362003804.554320.jpg
Finally a good tow strap.
You don't need to go overboard on a tool kit, just a few necessities. Oh and the best tool is the knowledge of how to fix your sled in a pinch to get home.
Cheers!

·
Registered
21 Posts
electical tape, pliers, hockey tape, zip ties, multi tool, knife, tow strap (incase there's a doo:) ) and the standard tool kit is what i bring

·
Registered
52 Posts
I find I end up going through my machine finding out what size sockets/wrenches ill need.

My tool kit consists of all Allen wrench sizes on my machine.
A small wrench set with only the needed sockets.
Parachute cord for taking off exhaust springs
Tape-similar to tape mentioned in previous posts.
Screwdriver flat/Phillips

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I find I end up going through my machine finding out what size sockets/wrenches ill need.

My tool kit consists of all Allen wrench sizes on my machine.
A small wrench set with only the needed sockets.
Parachute cord for taking off exhaust springs
Tape-similar to tape mentioned in previous posts.
Screwdriver flat/Phillips
How do u take springs off with cord?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Spare Drive belt, plugs, and headlight if you ride at night. Spare fuel hose and a syphon hose incase oyou have to transfer some fuel from someone elses sled.

·
Registered
6 Posts
pulling springs......i made a spring puller tool out of a metal bbq skewers. i cut it in half and put a bend in the end that can slip around the spring and i use the loop with a screwdriver to pull on the spring...

tool kit, i use a money bag from the bank to put tools in...

zip ties, rope, sockets both styles, wrenchs, etc....

oh and one of the main things...FIRE STARTER

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
the best spring puller is a cheap flat blade screwdriver, heat the end and bend into a hook. grind a bit thin and now you have one with a great handle, gear bag as spiced has to say I use a klin bag with a 10 in one screw driver allens extra clutch stuff, windshield darts, leather man and a socket set from home depot 1/4 drive with a 9/16 and a small set of wrenches to match.. ect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts