Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know I put 20 miles on yesterday, and let me tell you...around mile 15 or so she started coming to life!! It also sounds pretty bad ass now that stuff is starting to break in..
Anyways hopefully soon I can dowload some video and pics from some of our trips! When i first got it I could get it up to 44 MPH or so..now going up hill she gets to 50MPH with more to go, Im just a sissy and I let off the throttle!!!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Glad to hear it is going well. Just thought I would mention you might want to limit your full throttle blast and try to maintain under half throttle till you get around 10 hrs or 100 miles on it. All the components on your ATV need that timeframe to settle in, and a good breakin assures a long life on the motor and trans

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (scott1981 @ Mar 12 2007, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Glad to hear it is going well. Just thought I would mention you might want to limit your full throttle blast and try to maintain under half throttle till you get around 10 hrs or 100 miles on it. All the components on your ATV need that timeframe to settle in, and a good breakin assures a long life on the motor and trans[/b]

I won't argue with that but check THIS out. This is the way I did it.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Just wait till you get about 500 miles on it. Then it will really wake up.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have read the mototune usa article...makes sense to me....i was told by my dealer to "ride it like you rented it" no need to say more for me, i am going to change the oil this week and put some fresh stuff in, we really put it thru some paces I noticed the power alot from when i first rode it! Now all I need is better tires...or should I say mud tires...muwahaaaahaaha

·
Registered
434 Posts
Good deal, I guess im just too much of a wimp to full throttle a new motor lol. Glad to hear its running good for you, those H1's are absolute monsters

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trust me I had a hard time too,but once I started I couldnt stop!!!! I let it cool down after about 20 minutes of riding. It took awhile to get used to sitting up so high, especially going uphill...

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'm with Modn all my quads have been broken in that way and all of them have ran strong :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Congratulations on your H-1 purchase! I love mine, and I can fell it getting stronger every time I ride it.

Sprinter

·
Registered
474 Posts
I wonder if anyone has put handlebar risers on an ATV? I can't see why you couldn't take the adjustable handlebars used on an AC sled and adapt them to an ATV. Something to ponder, maybe email Cat and get them thinking about it as a selling feature.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts