Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[attachment=62261:IMG_0645.JPG]I know that this mini quad isn't an AC but she loves it and the price was right. I bought it brand new off of e-bay for 400 dollars including shipping to my home. Not a bad price for a 50cc four stroke!!! By spring she will need a bigger one but the 50 will be good for my boy. I am also going to buy another 500 or 400 for my 13 year old in the spring. She has no problems driving my wifes 500 and I would like to buy another 4X4 and since the 400 is the smallest 4X4 AC makes, I guess that is what it will be!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Sweet deal!! I am already having argument(s) with my wife over getting my daughter one of these. I think it will be the pink camo for her. She loves her little fisher price battery bike, loves the big bikes and she needs a little quad with a motor in it.

A guy at work just bought 3 of them for his kids, there is a size above the 50 isn't there? Doug seems happy with all three of them so far.

Nice to hear you're getting all the kids involved! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
I wouldn't get a 13 year old anything bigger than a 250.
Just my 2 cents worth
Kenny

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WVA, the only reason I am going to get her a 400 is so it can be a 4X4. She has proven herself with mine and her mothers. I do not want to have to tow her through everything. It would be nice if AC made a 250 4X4 but they don't.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
it's cool guys.. they all have a throttle limiter screw on the bars!

it's good to get these young ones learning the physics of a vehicle at a young age. makes them a better driver later in life, ya know what i'm stressin?

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
I bought my daughter a 96 250 Suzuki Quadrunner 4X4 ( very close to an AC) and she went as many places as my wife and I and close to as fast purely because she only weighs 110 LBS.She rode that thing till she was 18 and never wanted to ride the other bikes because she liked the small size. I would be afraid only becuase of the weight of the bike .Kids do wreck, my daughter rode pretty good/safe but still they wreck and at least she could get out from under it.
Kenny

·
Registered
434 Posts
Wva not trying to step on your toes here but kids are not all the same,The type of riding you as a family may do may diffeent from theirs,Also not all kids are physically the same.My son is 9 he is already 5' tall he can barely get his big feet under the shift peg on his trx 90, we had to change the bars for his knees hitting them.If he can muster thru this riding season and next he will more than likely be on a 250 he has already mentioned he wants to be on a 4 by he is tired of getting off and pulling himself out.We all hope on this site that everyone with kids takes every measurable precaution when their kids get on machines.so that being said really dont believe it should be a formatt for telling some one else how to handle their own children if both parents are in aggreement the child has proven themselves it is no one on the outside of that family dinamic to say what is wrong or right if they are not hurting the child.My son has said he is getting cramped on his wheeler and it is starting to not be as fun.Just my two cents

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I'm hoping to pick one up for my daughter in the next year or so. She is almost 3 so I have some time. And as long as she is still interested in it.

Not like she would come on big rides with us, but it will be fun to go in fields with her.

I'm slowly planting the idea of a side by side to my wife. It's not working LOL.

I'm out in Leduc, and would like to get over to Drayton for some riding. We just hit Alder Flats last weekend. Good fun.

Later
Molsondrinkr

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Molsondrinkr @ Jan 30 2007, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm hoping to pick one up for my daughter in the next year or so. She is almost 3 so I have some time. And as long as she is still interested in it.

Not like she would come on big rides with us, but it will be fun to go in fields with her.

I'm slowly planting the idea of a side by side to my wife. It's not working LOL.

I'm out in Leduc, and would like to get over to Drayton for some riding. We just hit Alder Flats last weekend. Good fun.

Later
Molsondrinkr[/b]
Maybe try to get her on her (wife)own bike? That will make your riding FUNNER????
Kenny

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MOLSONDRINKR, where did you go riding when you were at Alder Flats? Medicine Lake or Rose Creek? Have quadded a bit around rose Creek while hunting but never around Medicine Lake. I've been told there is some nice riding around Medicine Lake(mud and muskeg). I do alot of riding out by the Brazeau. Have not been there since everything froze up though. Have been leaving from the house on the quad. There are lots of trails for the kids close by. Here are a few pic's of some trails around the Brazeau.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wvabeer @ Jan 30 2007, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Molsondrinkr @ Jan 30 2007, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Later
Molsondrinkr[/b]
Maybe try to get her on her (wife)own bike? That will make your riding FUNNER????
Kenny
[/b][/quote]

The side x side would be for her and the kids mostly, I'd have to keep my 650 :super_happy: .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mitchman @ Jan 30 2007, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
MOLSONDRINKR, where did you go riding when you were at Alder Flats? Medicine Lake or Rose Creek? Have quadded a bit around rose Creek while hunting but never around Medicine Lake. I've been told there is some nice riding around Medicine Lake(mud and muskeg). I do alot of riding out by the Brazeau. Have not been there since everything froze up though. Have been leaving from the house on the quad. There are lots of trails for the kids close by. Here are a few pic's of some trails around the Brazeau.[/b]

We were at Rose Creek. Went over to the river, then tried to get to Emte Town after. But part of the trail is on private land and I guess the gate is locked in the winter.

Medicine Lake is good to. Have been out there a couple of times. Still prefer Rose Creek though. Seems to be more mud there. Though I'm sure we missed a lot at Medicine Lake.

Never been to Braz yet. Missed the rally last year, due to my diff mounts being broken.

If you haven't yet, check out http://www.outlawatvclub.com/ . It's a local board (Edmonton & area).

It's down right now due to some server issues, but it has lots of good guys, and they post rides all the time.

Later
Molsondrinkr

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Molsondrinkr, I will check that website out. Now that my wife has her own machine, it would be easier to go on rallies and rides with others. Thanks again.

Mitch

·
Registered
232 Posts
my son has the AC 50 made by kymco I think it is. I was going to go with one of the cheaper ones but up here in AK shipping
would have equaled what I paid for my sons AC stickered ATV. Plus I couldnt find anyone that would ship it up here in the first place :D

My son is 6 and he absolutley loves his..

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Arctic Cat does make a 90cc 4wheeler. My dealer wants $1800 for a brand new one, the nephew was wanting one, perfect size starter bike..... But speaking of a 13yr old and a particular bike size, I wouldn't go any bigger then a 250 2x4, Kymco, Honda, Moto4 etc....

·
Registered
232 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (johnny1313 @ Jan 31 2007, 03:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Arctic Cat does make a 90cc 4wheeler. My dealer wants $1800 for a brand new one, the nephew was wanting one, perfect size starter bike..... But speaking of a 13yr old and a particular bike size, I wouldn't go any bigger then a 250 2x4, Kymco, Honda, Moto4 etc....[/b]
isnt it actually a kymco with AC stickers.. I know the 50 is..

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just really don't want to spend upwards of $2000.00 dollars on a machine that can go only around the campground and dry trails. And so far this little 50 that cost me $400.00 dollars(brand new) is standing up well. When it is really cold out it can be a chore to start but it will start. I'm betting the Kymco ones are the same.

Mitchman

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
At the time I only paid $900.00 for that 250 Quadrunner If thats any help those small Suzuki's are pretty cheap.
Kenny

·
Registered
111 Posts
hey mitchman that little quad should stand up well for you. I have 2 for each of my boys 6 and 4 years old they have had them for about a year and a half now with no problems. I have also sold about 20 or so and have not had anybody come back yet as for the cold starts pull the sparkplug and throw it away and buy a brand name plug I did it and they start fine for me.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got mud, thanks for the heads up, I will pick up a new spark plug and try that. Thanks again!!

Mitchman

·
Registered
487 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mitchman @ Jan 30 2007, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
MOLSONDRINKR, where did you go riding when you were at Alder Flats? Medicine Lake or Rose Creek? Have quadded a bit around rose Creek while hunting but never around Medicine Lake. I've been told there is some nice riding around Medicine Lake(mud and muskeg). I do alot of riding out by the Brazeau. Have not been there since everything froze up though. Have been leaving from the house on the quad. There are lots of trails for the kids close by. Here are a few pic's of some trails around the Brazeau.[/b]
Alder flats is awsome. Theres mud 5 feet deep if you know where to go!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts