Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took 3rd yesterday in Open mod and Outlaw with some video

Went to an event yesterday and took 3rd in open mod and 3rd in open outlaw. It was a packed snow track. I am unstudded and those 2 classes everyone could run studs/chisels. Pretty happy with 3rd considering everyone could beat me off the line. Mine was in 100% trail mode...trail heads, no advanced key, trail pipes ect...could run off the end of the track and go ride 100 miles. Eveyrone else was a 100% race sled. Got video...but my go pro was tilted down a little bit too much so it didn't get the other sleds as much as i wanted to. I will have to mark the go pro angle so when it is on my helmet I know where to set the tilt/angle on it. Went over on the packed trail off to the north of the area on some true hard packed conditions and it ran very well. Had my buddy give me an idea or two on the suspension set up and after I made a change per/his recomendation it hooked up a lot better. No timers or radar...just pin and go. Speedo is at 100 in 500 feet realalistic speed on the snow is mid to upper 80's. Buddy's sled radared at 86mph on the track that morning during the radar portion of the event and I could beat him in 500 feet and out on the trail. Overall, very happy at the end of the day bringing home hardware with a trail sled.

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do a search on my name on here and hardcoresledder and read my avatar...lots of info here and there. Long story short: Motor is a trail 1107, makes good power, 2000 chassis, 121" track, Simons pipes, D&D Can, 4 arm clutch, stock secondary, bored carbs ect...nothing too special about it other than the porting and getting the rest of the system to work together. Runs good for what it is.

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the vid of me getting past that fast sled. We both spun off the line...I recovered my RPM's and he didn't so I caught him on the big end. Trust me...with his superior hook up...I couldn't hang with him. That's why he won the outlaw class and the open mod class. The best we could hope for was that he would spin and suck the belt...which did happen to him a couple of times in the 1000class he also ran in.

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went tuning with Ron yesterday...found another 10 mph in it...would have taken 2nd place if it was tuned then like it is now. Put my mod pipes and race heads on it and chisel it up and would have given the winner a run for his money. Oh well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts