Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put This mikuni on my wankel it idles and runs but the carb drips fuel while its running. I was thinking either to much angle or to much fuel pressure?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
check float level. or....I have had trouble with the ethanol swelling up the tip of the needle and not closing/ opening.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its the old style floats they are brass and the needle is metal only. I have had trouble with the all metal needles before I had to lap the needle in the seat using valve grinding compound. Guess I'll have to check to see if its sealing. How many psi are the mikuni inlet valves good for?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I was working on a wildcat 650 and I couldnt figure out for the world of me why it leaked out the over flow. Buddy came over goes does the floats float. I am like I think so never tested them. So I take the bowl and fill it up with the floats in it and the bowl was leaking. The brass steam for the over flow doen't seat right or something I tapped in and still a no go tried pulling it out. cant get it out so I need a new bowl check that maybe its leaking there like mine if you cant get the needle and seat to work.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will look at that teamgreen2 I did have the brass drain plug at the bottom of the bowl fall out while it was running. I suspected that and put it back in and tightned it but still had a leak. I will check a few things, These mikunis usually dont have many problems so I think it wont be to hard to find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts