Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in my younger years (15 - 24), I modified every sled I owned (pipes, chips, reed kits, clutch kits, shocks, etc). Now that I have the Z1, I debate if I should modify it in any way. I see very little online as to the options available or suggested for the Z1. My dealer told me I was the only guy they knew that bought the Z1 for more than casual trail riding, and they had never even been questioned as to suggested modifications.

With that said, are there any modifications you guys have done to your Z1 that the rest of us should also do? (I have read about the water temp gauge and the track extensions, but nothing related to clutches, reeds. exhaust, etc)

Thanks.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I to own the 07 Z1 and used to mod everything prior to this sled...actually besides the want for more HP...the sled is great...I trail ride now-a-days though...don't really feel the need to mod...besides carbides and studs...the setup is great I can outrun the XP's I ride with and at the end of the day...I feel great no sore azz or back or arms and such...just my my2cents

·
Registered
721 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (talonbourne01 @ Nov 10 2009, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I to own the 07 Z1 and used to mod everything prior to this sled...actually besides the want for more HP...the sled is great...I trail ride now-a-days though...don't really feel the need to mod...besides carbides and studs...the setup is great I can outrun the XP's I ride with and at the end of the day...I feel great no sore azz or back or arms and such...just my my2cents[/b]
What he said/\ /\

I mean how fast do you want to go??? I find that it is plenty quick, may be lacking a little on top end but that's fine with me. I don't need to go 100mph any more. If I lived on a lake that might be different but when I get off my sled at the end of the day and feel great and don't smell like I worked in the oil fields I have a smile on my face.

You know what they say, "if you want a faster sled, Buy a faster sled".

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not so much concerned with how fast my sled goes, but instead with fast it goes to my top end. Modifications for speed, I am not concerned with. Modifications for instant power though, THAT interests me.

But I do agree that the Z1 has plenty of power. I just want to make sure I am getting the full potential of power. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
D&D makes the big dog barker exhaust which I have and you can get ecu mods also very very impressive power mine is at 210 hp right now with a clutch kit very fast sled 113mph and ive seen 115 on a good day

1 - 5 of 5 Posts