Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ZR580 EFI and am having intermittent to frequent problems with the efi system. I believe it is the wiring harness going to the ECU as when it does run you can make it fail by wiggling the wiring harness, it may restart it probably won't. A new harness is $549.99 retail. Arctic cat won't sell plugs and pins for repair. I can get it carburated from a donor sled for about $400.00. Is this a good choice. When the EFI runs it is extremely nice, but it is a night mare if there is an issue. chairshot

·
Registered
514 Posts
Can you put a zip tie around the whole ecu and harness to make the plug tight. Just go thru the middle of the harness and around the ecu or glue it in place.

·
Administrator
7,965 Posts
Ditto, My buddy has one of these sleds and had a few of the plug ends replaced, I don't know where he got them (maybe Radio Shack??) And he pushes them back up inside all the time, a tie wrap helped. He's thinking about pulling the plug out, pushing all the ends in tight and filling it with epoxy on the bottom side to keep them there, just his idea.
His efi sled runs great and that 580 is pretty fast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts