Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 27" Mudlites on my new 400m. However, they seem to toe in at the bottom. I am not sure if this is the correct term.......

The tires look like this \ / when the atv is sitting on level ground without anyone on it. How can I fix this? Can I adjust the shocks?

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
in on the bottom there is no adjustment for that i know of, just the nature of the independant suspension. when compressed there out at the bottom. by adjusting the shocks might help, sags the machine a tad more

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
that dosn't sound like toe it sounds like camber and to my knowledge there it no way to adjust that.

Did it just look like that when you put the Mudlite's on???

If you jack the front end up is there play up and down or side to side???

·
Registered
723 Posts
If you start to look at any of the quads out there with larger tires on them they all tilt in somewaht at the bottom. When you add weight of yourself and ride the squat of the bike helps this out. The rear tires on my bike do the same thing.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RobCat @ Mar 29 2007, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
that dosn't sound like toe it sounds like camber and to my knowledge there it no way to adjust that.

If you jack the front end up is there play up and down or side to side???[/b]
Exactly! Toe-in at the bottom of the tire is a camber issue and cannot be adjusted.

Like RobCat is getting at for play in the front end is either worn ball joints or wheel bearings.

·
Registered
38 Posts
my moms yamaha has the same tires and they do that too

·
Registered
300 Posts
Check your shock bushings, they are known to go bad on the Arctic cats, ive done mine twice. this could cause your camber issue

·
Registered
153 Posts
You know last winter my wife smacked into a piece or railroad track laying on a right-of-way head on. Needless to say the front right tire was obliterated. I ended up riding the machine for about a mile keeping all the weight I could off of the bad tire. Before I put a new tire on I made sure the rim wasn't bent and all my shock and rod seals were in good shape, then I mounted the tire and the machine tended to pull badly to the right? So I adjusted the tie rods and now the machine steers just fine but my tires look goofy from a front view....Kinda like this...\ \? One tire cambers in and the other cambers out? Like I said I checked all seals, rims and components for bends and such but I can't figure it out? To the best of my knowledge though you want your tires to both camber in at the bottom? Toe refers to your tires in a front to back angle adjustment and Camber is a top to bottom angle adjustment if that makes sense. Usually you would want your tires to toe in slightly to decrease wear on tires and components and camber in at the bottom to compensate for rider and payload weight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts