Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting tired of other people who use my quad on the farm saying it needs power steering. My 06 V2 with stock Goodyear's is harder to steer than most, but is there a tire that improves low speed steering ease? I don't need a sway bar and it's only slower speed stuff that needs to be improved. I know handling and steering can be improved at speed with new tires. I really like the Outlaw MST's and would want more of an aggressive tread. Any opinions?

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
The word is any 6-ply tire will improve steering, I have the 06 650v2 and put on 26" mudlite xtr's and my steering is more precise, I can turn on a dime , no more skidding turns , and yes it turns much easier.

·
Registered
138 Posts
One of the biggest things I noticed with the Bighorns was the push was gone. When i turn the thing it turns (so much so I almost rolled it the other day, still getting used to these things). From an ease of stearing standpoint, on pavement I haven't noticed a diff, they all suck. At low speeds I have noticed very little difference from stock but above 5-10 the bighorns are much easier to steer. I think at low speeds there is just more rubber on the ground and that makes it harder to steer. Something like Mud Lights might be easier at low speeds because of the reduced contact size, but that is not a tested theory.

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Well I don't mind my Mudlites XL's, and they ain't expensive. I personally think its a waste spending 1300 on tires for an atv.. My truck tires cost way less then that! You can't really go wrong with alot of after market tires (6ply). Kenda Bearclaws, XL's, Mudbugs, Gators, Dirt Devils, XTR's (pricey).. Best of luck choosing....

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Try bumping up the front tire pressure I ran mine a 10psi at times and it steered handled better. Tell the other people that use your atv that its better than walking and to shut their cakehole lol.

WC

·
Registered
150 Posts
My XTR's were 100% improvement in steering and control over the stockers.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Pretty much any tire that you put on your CAT besides the stockers will improve the steering! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dad put mudlite 25" mud lite xl's on his 2000 Big Bear 350 S.E and it made it a lot easier to steer and it's full time 4x4.

Ac King

·
Registered
36 Posts
Take a look at Kenda Bearclaws, there 6 ply tire and they are very good tire. They steer good and great for trail riding. And they say they wear good. :trail:

·
Registered
410 Posts
I started off w/ 26"Mudlites, then went up to 28's of the same. W/26's i ran 3psi, the 28's i run 10psi. The higher psi made a world of difference, youve got less rubber on the ground.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts