Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for such a dumb question, but I am a snowmobiler by heart and a Wildcat user the past year and I have zero clue what kind of tires would be best for the Nevada rock and desert for the Wildcat. The reason for my question is I took out a sidewall on my front tire today and need to investigate what type of tires would be more durable for our terrain. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Got to hand it to Cat, this thing is a hoot for the Nevada desert.

Thanks again for your help.

·
Administrator
8,655 Posts
Pitbulls Are Good & I like Them Good Ride on Rocks / Mud / Snow/Trail
Discount Tire Can Hook Ya Up

·
Premium Member
4,547 Posts
I would look for a radial tire for sure. Lots of good ones. Maxis bighorns are well liked, ITP baja or terra cross too. Put these on your research list with the pitbulls. I'm forgetting about some tires too. I dunno

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I love my Maxxis Bighorns. I have the original bighorns not the 2.0. I just went with 26" tires since I really don't need anything taller and didn't want to lose power. It hook great and have a very nice ride.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation Full of Mud. We agree the PitBull 8 ply rated radial tires are an excellent choice for the WildCat. Not only are they tough but they ride super smooth.

Let us know if we can be of assistance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Maxxis are going to be your best bet for the Desert, there's a reason most of the high performance models have these right off the showroom floor, if you're replacing the wheels also, check out this article for proper spacing:

·
Registered
3 Posts
HI
Me i use KENDA Bounty Hunter HT because it's a real SXS tire 8 ply rating with tuff sidewall radial tire. 956 pounds rated each .
Take a look on KENDA TIRE site and compare..... My best choice.
SAMARTIC

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used to ride in Las Vegas before I moved to florida. The only way to go is Roctane 8 Ply tires. The maxxis is no good, great for atv but cant handle the weight of UTV in the desert, the rocks rip them to shreds. Hope it helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi
i just arrive from one month in utah and rock,slickrock are common and kenda bunty hunter HD it's the best and survive go to kenda INTERNET site and look the weight capacity of this tire ! My 2 cent
samartic

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
I got ITP blackwater evolutions on my trail and love them. They're 8 ply and they're holding up great. Do awesome in the mud

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.