Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont supose there is a way to reduce tension on your thumb from the throttle. My thumb gets tired from holding and letting go of the throttle. I wonder if u can reduce the ammount of push down pressure... my atv doesnt have this problem.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Not meant to be a smart ass, but an EFI sled's pull is much lighter. Really. Flatslides are better than round slides (your ZRT), and EFI throttle bodies are better yet.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am getting a newer sled next year but right now have no money for it so I just got this one as I got such a good deal- $1500 US, new track, new seat, new weather cylinder covers, new pull start recoil, new choke - wires and all, new ski covers, 2000 original miles, mod ehaust can :p. I have also did a little bit of work cleaning the engine adding bar risers and such small stuff. Plan to resell it next year and mabey get 1600 range :p.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alleycat @ Jan 4 2007, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
twist the throttle down just a little bit,.......
it worked on my old zrt.
the set screw is on the backside.[/b]
Like alleycat said try adjusting the throttle so that you are pushing more with the palm part of your hand then the end of your thumb, it will save on fatique. You can buy a throttle extender that will fit into your hand more. Pulling those 3 slides up does take some effort espeically compared to the flatslides I had on my ZRT800.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Cat sells a thumb support. Part# 4972-650. It's on page 42 of the 07 accessories catalog. Stretches over hand/palm and helps reduce throttle fatigue.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CodyG @ Jan 3 2007, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I dont supose there is a way to reduce tension on your thumb from the throttle. My thumb gets tired from holding and letting go of the throttle. I wonder if u can reduce the ammount of push down pressure... my atv doesnt have this problem.[/b]
My wife had this problem on our doo, as it is non-injected and does pull pretty hard on long rides.

I bought and installed a "thottle gizmo" and she really likes it.

It is a second lever that is mounted behind the oem one, and it really works.
It does not interfere with the action of the oem throttle so you can use either while riding.

I find myself using it when I am on the doo for mid range crusing speeds as it is allmost to the bar at that speed, and very comfortable.

Here is a link.. .http://www.clydecanride.com/

·
Registered
199 Posts
My 1996 ZRT 600 was the same way, the guy before me strecthed the springs on top of the slides out so i cut them down a little bit @ a time until it was what i concidered comfortable with out fear of non returning slides. I had 3 years trouble free after this mod and one happier thumb. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
795 Posts
There are also finger trigger throttles that you can use in conjuction with the thumb throttle, and thus switch back and forth reducing thumb fatigue.
On one of my M7's I installed a twist throttle like a motorcycle has and I find it way better than the thumb.
I plan to convert my other M7, and M1000 to twists as well.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I'm with john9mile on this one, pull the top of the carb off to expose the spring on top of the slide,cut 1 ring out of the spring at time until it pulls easy enough for you, do one at a time and count how many rings you cut so the second one only needs cut once.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know nothing about how to go about cutting the spring or w.e I am just getting into change parts and stuff.

·
Registered
262 Posts
you could also turn the thumb throttle around to the other side of the bars and turn it into a pull throttle. ive seen them like that on a couple of sleds

1 - 14 of 14 Posts