Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could you run this combo or would the 1/2 inch of difference harm your bike? Any suggestions or input would surely be appreciated. I would have the zillas up front and the outlaws in the back.

·
Registered
22 Posts
YOU CAN RUN THAT COMBO BUT THAT'S NOT THE SMARTEST THING TO DO (BUT IF THE OVERALL DIAMETER IS THE SAME IT'S OK, BUT IF ITS DIFFERENT I WOULD NOT) WHY DO U WANT TO RUN ZILLAS UP FRONT AND LAWS IN THE BACK. THE ZILLAS ARE HEAVY. MY OWN OPINION I WOULD RUN OUTLAWS ALL AROUND. BUT WHAT SIZE BIKE DO U HAVE

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well generally speaker front tires are slightly higher then rear tires anyway. I think zillas are a good idea for the front. Everything I've seen about zillas both in reviews and in the field prooves they steer better than laws.

·
Registered
410 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (650boy @ May 20 2007, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
o5 500 manual[/b]
assuming your bike came with 25" tires....and the gear ratio is 3.9 (i dont know the actual decimal portion)

29.5" tires would make your EFFECTIVE GEAR RATIO 3.3051
30" tires would make your EFFECTIVE GEAT RATIO 3.25

If anybody knows the correct gear ratio for the 05 500 man i could get perfect numbers for the above.

If you wanted to get the bike back to performing as if it had stock tires (gear wise)

for 29.5" tires you would need a gearing of 4.6020
for 30" tires you would need a gearing of 4.68, that is ofcourse with using the 3.9 ratio-not sure if the 3.9 is correct.

·
Registered
410 Posts
well crap. the manual shows 3.09 for first gear so that changes stuff....is that a TYPO???

ASSUMING THAT ITS 3.09 and assuming your bike came with 25" tires....

29.5" tires would make your EFFECTIVE GEAR RATIO 2.6186
30" tires would make your EFFECTIVE GEAT RATIO 2.5750

If you wanted to get the bike back to performing as if it had stock tires (gear wise)

for 29.5" tires you would need a gearing of 3.6462
for 30" tires you would need a gearing of 3.7080

4.1 gears would really pep it up!

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
the diffs have 3.6s in them.. unless he has put the 4.0s in it.. the only thing to me it would look funny with 14" rims on the front and 12s on the back..
if you could wait awhile you could run 30"zillas on front and 31" laws on the back both with 14" rims and then just play with air pressure to make them the same height... :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.