Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No manual with it. Would like to know where I can run this. Did a search and -1 seems to be the norm. Where does it need to be set for 87 octane? I have no problem runnin premium pump either, but wanna be safe. What conditions require the higher advance settings? Is there much difference a couple clicks up with race gas? Runnin aggressive trail. I changed the clutching on it and runnin a orange white spring with the green secondary. 53 weights and a 57/51 helix. Stock gearing-19/40. Thanx in advance!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Funny you should bring this up. I checked my 1999 ZR 440 Sno-Pro and found it was set to +2 ! Yikes!

Spoke to the owner of the dyno shop where this sled was tuned, and he indicated it should be set to 0 during cold weather (20 and lower) and -1 for warmer weather (20+). Not sure how it got to +2, but I will dial it back when I get back north next week. Dyno guy also stated; never run anything but 93 octane fuel in this engine - never. The engine was tuned with 93 Ammoco fuel.

Bottom line; the engine pulled like crazy at this setting. No problems whatsoever. Plugs looked perfect at the end of the day.

Member C-note is expert on these sleds, may want to PM to him.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for the quick reply. Just bought it and it was burned down by the previous owner who didn't know what the knob was for. We are headin up tomorrow mornin to the Soo and ridin this weekend. I have been told these are a blast. My wife will be ridin it. I hope she gets tired of it quick, cause I want a turn on it.!! Premium it is....without a doubt.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I rode mine for the first time over the past weekend. Brother had his ZRT600 and a passenger too. Everybody wanted me to give up the Sno-Pro so they could ride it. I'm usually not a greedy person... but... the Sno-Pro is a lot more fun that the ZRT in my humble opinion, especially when the trail gets bumpy. Keep a close eye on your plugs. I'm running a super cool BR10EYA plug for safety sake, and the insulator was a perfect "grocery bag brown" at the end of the day (the ZRT plug was black on the insulator and was quickly replaced with some fresh BR9ES plugs). Try to get your wife to ride the other sled and ride the Sno-Pro yourself, you'll not want to go back to the other sled.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am sure someone has read a manual and knows what these settings are for. I have a manual on order, but was told it is backordered. -3 must be the most retard, +3 most advanced. Sled pulls nice at -2 15 degreesF. Wondering at what point I need to run above 94 octane. The sled is WOT a lot, so you could say that when we are runnin the trails, it's sorta like competition runnin. I wish i had the race manual!! Help please!
BTW, this thing is a blast in the trails. Took it on the lake today and that is not the place for this sled, or should I say-it's not an 800...lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts