Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to me my 05 f6efi runs very rich. Will a timing key lean it out any? What RPM is peak horse power?I dunno

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what fuel and oil are you running??? It shouldnt be running that rich
I have run 50/50 110 and 92. normaly 100% 92 and 87 when I had too. I run tundra R its red in color. My f6 is new to me and so is the EFI. I haven't checked compression but the sled will keep up to the newer rush 800. I raced a f7 carb and could walk away from him. It has a different intake, stage 1 speedwerks clutch kit, iceage 144" rails with 8" wheel kit. Stock pipe and suitcase. If I idel for over a couple minutes it will load up and puke out blackish brown smoke on take off. If it was a carb I would drop down a jet size, but I can't. What should I check?

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
your oiler is set to high and if your engin is stock runinng to high of oct will make it run fat as hell check you comression if you are like over 135 you need to run 91 or 94 octan if its lower run 87 octane theys engins were desined to run on 87 till you mod it and then run high test fuel .

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
ya your waay to much octane for a stock 500 lol if you wanna run big octane, deck the **** out of your head and throw more timing at it.

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
87 octane gas is all you need. Your messing up the entire fuel delivery system by running a mix of 110/92. Higher octane cools the burn. So what happens is when you use higher octane the engine burns at a lower temp and then if it gets too cold you burn more fuel.

·
Registered
520 Posts
these guys hit it right on the head. 87 is all you need for a stock engine (even says so in the owners manual). however, these engines love extra timing. with a 2.5* key, you could still only run 89 octane if you were in a pinch, but 91 is on the safe side.

take a look at the pinned topics. there is one on how to measure oil consumption and adjust your oil pump as they are set super rich from the factory...mine was about 33:1. now i run about 45:1. i could still afford to make one more turn on the rod to get it to 50ish:1.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts