Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this bike off someone about 6 weeks ago. 2009 thundercat, h2 1000 about 200 hrs on it. Hmf exhuast, power commander 3 programmer. Took programmer off for now to make sure it wasnt the issue, didnt make a difference. But it is still off. When i got it, it ran like crap wouldn't idle had to baby the throttle and sputtered driving down the road. Well gas had water in it, drained, got fresh gas, so that fixed the sputtering issue but when I pulled the snorkels off i found the previous owner had stuffed a rag in the intake snorkel. I pulled it out and wouldn't run at all. After adjusting the tps and then replacing the tps, and map sensor. Cleaning throttle body, looking for vaccum leaks, fuel pumps good, has new spark plugs and battery, It'll start and idle for about 4 seconds if i give it any throttle it dies. But if i put my hand over intake it will start and run decent idles high as high hell, but i can give it throttle just fine. Bought some tools on ebay to check/set valve lash, ill be trying that soon... but any help would be great!!! Cant figure this thing out!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ran codes, got a IAT code, idle air temp. I believe it popped because i had it unplugged and tried to start bike.

·
Administrator
37,499 Posts
Thundercat only runs "choked" and back fires

Have you reset the ISC. would check your fuel pressure first and clean /check/replace your injector second. Check running voltage at the battery third.

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
It maybe the fact that your snorkeled and piped that the programmer is needed to run well. Also check/test/replace the ISC (idle speed control) Have you got the manual for how to test?

·
Administrator
37,499 Posts

Free manual here
Countrycat.com at the bottom under technical

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
I read the instructions twice, does this require a helper to do? I can't hold the override, throttle then turn the key?

In case you missed it above the manual is available at countrycat.com under technicals. Highly recommend you download it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Appreciate yalls help. Im gonna try this tonight, and yes ill definitely download that manuel. Didn't realize i could get it for free

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Try isc reset 3 times didnt seem to do anything, i expected the display to react to it, but it didnt. Couldnt find this procedure in the manual either

1 - 10 of 10 Posts