Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m building a drag sled, just for drag racing, I just looking some things for a 98 to make this thing fast, I have d&d pipes already, 121 speed track with chisels, just looking for help on gearing and clutching, I also got a team secondary for it, and I herd it makes a big difference

·
Registered
224 Posts
You'll want to find what rpm those pipes should be ran at. You'll want to tie down the suspension so it doesn't move much and the machine is more efficient. You'll want to blueprint everything you can, meaning getting everything perfectly true and square. Some things will change under load so you need to factor that in. You'll want to cut as much weight from everything you can within the rules of your organization.
As for drivetrain setup there is no magic setup. You need to test alot and first you need a solid understanding of what you're trying to accomplish and then how you get there. To start, I'd highly recommend buying the AAEN clutching book and read through it twice or however many times until you understand the basics well. Then it's time to start testing which is never ever ending.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You'll want to find what rpm those pipes should be ran at. You'll want to tie down the suspension so it doesn't move much and the machine is more efficient. You'll want to blueprint everything you can, meaning getting everything perfectly true and square. Some things will change under load so you need to factor that in. You'll want to cut as much weight from everything you can within the rules of your organization.
As for drivetrain setup there is no magic setup. You need to test alot and first you need a solid understanding of what you're trying to accomplish and then how you get there. To start, I'd highly recommend buying the AAEN clutching book and read through it twice or however many times until you understand the basics well. Then it's time to start testing which is never ever ending.
Let me ask you. Are you talking about this book? Olav Aaen's Clutch Tuning Handbook

1 - 3 of 3 Posts