Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of replacing the thumb warmer on my 05' F7 and am wondering if there are any special steps I need to do at the throttle lever itself other than putting the element in place at the back side of the throttle (in what looks to be a raised area for the element to sit in) and then take off the shipping strips that cover up the sticky part of the pad and stick the pad over the element to keep it in place, seem correct ? Any thoughts or tips you might have would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I got it. I routed the connector end of the wiring down, way down into the harness to the connector, plugged it in worked my way up to the throttle lever zip tying it along the way. Waited until it was above 70 degree's removed the shipping tape that covers the sticky on the element and placed the warmer element in it's position in the lever, pressed it in. There are prongs on each side of the element that I tucked into the channels to help hold it in place. Stuck the protective pad over the element, fired up the sled and turned the thumb warmer on HI. Didn't take long and she was heating up and getting hot. Can't wait for winter to try it out. WINTER ROCKS !!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts