Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
greetings. started my 95 ext 580 last night in preperation for a 4 day ride in michigans u.p. i noticed that the hand and thumb warmer is not working. anyone have any troubleshooting ideas? giving the fact that the highs are expected to be about 3 above and lows of -10; any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
410 Posts
#1 check connections. If BOTH of them are not working and thats it, that would be the first thing to check.

If connection is good, I would then check the current using a multimeter (not your tounge :) )

·
Registered
238 Posts
yeah , i agree with matt ... check the connections they fall out really easy , you should be able to figure out where they connect off of the browns leisure world web site

·
Registered
630 Posts
My bro's quit last year on his 95 EXT. Come to find out he had a mouse nest in between his airbox and dash, the squirly bastards chewed the wires in half so we had to figure out what lead when to what so we could get him warmed up again.

·
Registered
317 Posts
7 out 10 times though they need replacing as one lil bad spot ruins them.My thumb warmer always gets mashed, lol, so it never works and replacing the warmers gives me an excuse change the grips.Which I do way more often than I have to but I like wrenchin on my sled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts