Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to bypass the throttle saftey switch on my 96 zrt 600. there are three wires from the kill switch to the connector behind the rubber steering stem boot. black, black/white and black/red. how do I jump this out. Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have a 97 ZRT and I just unpluged the carbs and put a jumper in its place ,kill switch and key still work, Not sure if it is the same for 96 or not
Rob

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
there are 2 types of connections there , male and female . connect the odd (only one like it ) connector to the middle one . you use the factory supplied loop or you can make one from tractor supply parts . I will go look for one and get a pic for you

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So all i need to doe is complete the circuit from the male terminal to the midde femal terminal and my kill and ignition switch will still work???????

·
Registered
258 Posts
yes, i just went through a ridiculous amont of bullsh*t trying to solve this problem on my 97 zrt 800. I just simply unplugged the 3 prong connection that comes out from under the rubber handle bar cover and put the jumper between the male and middle female like you described (arctic cat supplied like the other gentleman mentioned) PROBLEM SOLVED! I did not have to unplug the carbs, that was it.

My killswitch no longer works but the key works just fine......im ok with that haha

Aaron Powell

1 - 7 of 7 Posts