Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I do like the look of the M series seat mod but it looks like a lot of work. I've had and my wife now has an F5 sled and the seat is comfortable and appears easy to adapt to another sled. It has a separate seat mount that can be bolted to another tunnel quite easily.

Has anyone tried this? Any thoughts on doing it? Im thinking could get a used tank and cut the seat base off and then put the tank on and the F series seat bracket and then snap the seat on and done other than a tail light.

Phil

·
Premium Member
4,336 Posts
Firecat tunnel is narrower than a zr tunnel so with the seat going over the edge of the tunnel it won't be quite that easy

Reactions: mpilihp

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm good point I will take a look at that and compare, sleds are up at camp so will be a while before I can look but that would kill the idea....

Thanks!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Firecat tunnel is narrower than a zr tunnel so with the seat going over the edge of the tunnel it won't be quite that easy
Remember thought the Pro Cross tunnel is narrower at the top than on the bottom. Can not remember how much but it does have a taper to make it easier to move around on.

·
Premium Member
4,336 Posts
Remember thought the Pro Cross tunnel is narrower at the top than on the bottom. Can not remember how much but it does have a taper to make it easier to move around on.
I guess I assumed when he said zr tunnel looking for a seat upgrade and talking about removing the seat plastic from the fuel tank he was talking the 90s-early 2000s zr chassis. Procross seat plastic is on the seat itself not molded with the tank.....

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I am talking about upgrading the seat on an early 2000 ZR sled, cut the seat base off.

Also I thought the 07 08 Era F series LXR sleds was the twin spar chassis... Is that the same as the firecat?

·
Registered
417 Posts
2007 and up F series or twin spar has a very wide seat and I bet could be made to fit. But because it was adjustable on that sled I dont know how much extra height it would give you on a zr chassis. In its lowest position it's a lot like the old sleds.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi well ill be measuring my wife's F5 when we have snow and I go to camp where the sled is. I'll post what I find.

·
Premium Member
4,336 Posts
Sorry I thought you ment 03-06ish firecat chassis when you said f5 not the newer f series, my bad

1 - 10 of 10 Posts