Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keep seeing this posting pop up in my areas craigslist. Sweet sled, dont get me wrong but some people are just insane on their pricing. Mint 2001 Arctic Cat Thundercat with 1300+mi in mint condition for $6000! :eek:hmy_old: Sled books out retail at $2060 (KBB), his price is over twice what it is worth...lol I wonder if it will ever sell. Anyway best luck to whoever is selling the sled, then you could say that you sold the sled for what you paid for it new Cat happy
Arctic Cat "2001 " THUNDERCAT" snowmobile

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Holy that's nuts, you can almost buy a carryover model for that o_O

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
While it looks like a nice clean sled on the outside the dude is way out of the ball park on his price. However we all know a sled is only worth what one will pay for it.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
While it looks like a nice clean sled on the outside the dude is way out of the ball park on his price. However we all know a sled is only worth what one will pay for it.
This is true, the guy who bought my Powder Special drove 16 hours round trip in a day. We were both happy and I met him so he didn't have to drive so far

·
Registered
420 Posts
I've seen the ad before, the sled is about 15 min from me. That area tends to have a lot on money rolling around. Lots of high buck houses on lake shore, so doesn't surprise me... To many people out of touch with reality...

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just called the guy. **** rapids mn. He wont let it go for any less then 6,000 grand. All stock. Father in laws sled i guess. I asked y so high. He said it was over nine grand new. And still looks brand new. He doesn't want to sell it but his father in law keeps posting it on Craigslist. Lol

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
I just called the guy. **** rapids mn. He wont let it go for any less then 6,000 grand. All stock. Father in laws sled i guess. I asked y so high. He said it was over nine grand new. And still looks brand new. He doesn't want to sell it but his father in law keeps posting it on Craigslist. Lol
My bet is he will be having it for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Don*

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Shoulda asked him if he would take book value for it
Just throwing this out there, books are useless on sleds. I guess you can try to use them to your advantage in cases like this, but those books have no relevance to the real sled market.

With that said, this guy really doesn't want to sell this sled, so be it. Like Don said, something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Last fall I listed a sled for sale and some know-it-all on here or HCS asked me if my price was a typo because it was about $1100 over "the book value." I ended up selling it for $800 over the book value....just saying.

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
i remember my mom telling tell my dad to sell his monte carlo collection
a while back
1970 454 with floor shifter
1987 ss with 5 speed stick
he agreed
he put ads in the trade n times for both the 1970
was like $27,999 and the 87 was $19999
ran the ad for months because u only paid the first month and the ads then ran free till u sold
of course he did not want to sell
my little brother has the 87 now
of course the phone never range once

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I shake my head everyday at what some guys ask for their sleds. Who in their right mind would pay $6000 for a 12 year old sled. I don't care if it only has 1300 miles on it. I'd rather pay $2000 for one with 5000 miles and spend $500 on rebuilding it if required. Just crazy. I wouldn't even pay $6000 for both those sleds!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts