Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this IS what it's all about, teaching my boy about what I like to do.

[attachment=138765:joreys_junk_013.jpg]

[attachment=138766:joreys_junk_015.jpg]

[attachment=138767:joreys_junk_016.jpg]

[attachment=138768:joreys_junk_017.jpg]

[attachment=138769:joreys_junk_018.jpg]

[attachment=138770:joreys_junk_019.jpg]

Me and Jake.(2.5 yrs old)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
lucky guy. just chrish the fact you have kids. i plan on spoiling my nephews when i have some seeing as unfortunitly amanda and i cant have children. awesome pics by the way.

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
My youngest used to help me when he was a little tyke like that. Now he's 8 and has other interests. I used to spend time collecting my tools from all over the yard after a wrenching session too. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Enjoy it while you can. They grow up way too fast. I have two boys 6 and 10. Make sure he gets some grease on his hands and then puts his hand on the garage wall. It is fun as hell to sit and talk about it when he is a little older. Keep up the good work and raise him right.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I used to be so pissed at my dad that i always had to help him instead of playing with my friends.
now all my friends what me to come over and help them with repairs because they have no cue.
for this I OWE my dad big time. thanks dad!

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put him on his 120 today in the grass for the first time! This one is stop, and this one is GO, That's all I had to do. Next thing you know we are going around the lot, his smile made me smile.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kusy @ Nov 8 2009, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I used to be so pissed at my dad that i always had to help him instead of playing with my friends.
now all my friends what me to come over and help them with repairs because they have no cue.
for this I OWE my dad big time. thanks dad![/b]
X2.....Ive got my nephews reading Hot Rod magazine in the bathroom at my place. My daughter (god love her) has no interest.

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Same here. I work in an office full of people who can't screw in a lightbulb..... I'm the odd one who tries to hide the fact that he couldn't quite get that last bit of grease off his hands....

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
"OK, son, see this? It's an Arctic Cat. You'll be spending a lot of time under the hood."

:p

Cool stuff. My 5-year-old is out in the garage with me all the time. Hopefully I can get him to fix all of my stuff someday. God knows I spent a lot of time fixing my dad's!

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For some reason the kids tool of choice seems to be things that scratch , screw drivers, hammers, etc.

·
Registered
594 Posts
NICE !
I have two, son 11 daughter 14 we've always only had one sled and the two of them opperate it fine .well things are gonna be different now with sled # 2 on the way.Man I can't wait to take them out on the trail.

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoprosrule @ Nov 9 2009, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
For some reason the kids tool of choice seems to be things that scratch , screw drivers, hammers, etc.[/b]
Screwdrivers fit in holes of all sizes. It's the first thing my boy learned. I would find them stuck in holes and left there, and all over the yard too. I have a cylinder with a hammer dent on the edge of the bore too.

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoprosrule @ Nov 9 2009, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm going to guess they"HAVE NO IDEA" how the dent got there! LOL[/b]

i used that line alot when i was young.haha

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
The jugs were on my basement workbench, they had just gotten a new hone and I had just washed them out with hot, soapy water and left them there to dry. I walked in on him and he was busy tapping away with HIS own little claw hammer. He had no idea he had just ruined several hundred dollars with that little hammer. I nearly fainted. Lesson learned, for both of us. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts